Tourism Source Market Insight: United States
Tourism Source Market Insight: United States report provides a thorough insight into The US domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of US tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the US outbound travel market.
In 2018, US residents took 94 million international trips and 2.3 billion domestic trips. On average, just 28.5% of the population take an international trip each year.
- Inbound tourism spending totaled $197.5bn in 2018 while outbound spending totaled $327.9bn. US travelers are the biggest outbound spenders in the world.
- The US borders Mexico and Canada, so unsurprisingly they are the most visited countries. Other destinations such as Italy, the UK and France are further afield but still receive millions of US travelers each year.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the US domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of US tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the US, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
At a glance: The US tourist market in 2018
Risks to outbound US tourism
Which types of holiday do US travelers take and which do they not?
Which factors motivate US travelers when choosing a holiday?
Insight into US tourists
Main and Developing Destinations
Where did US tourists travel to in 2018?
Threats and opportunities for US tourism
Terminology and definitions
About the Author
GlobalData at a glance
Tourism is usually refers to the act of travelling to various locations, either for pleasure or for business or for any other personal purposes. In the context of China-US tradeView Report
Adventure Tourism is a type of niche tourism, involving exploration or travel with a certain degree of risk (real or perceived), and which may require special skills and physical exertion.View Report
Tourism Source Market Insight - India (2021)GlobalDatas Tourism Source Market Insight - India (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Indias domestic, intra-regional and long-haul travel habits. The report looksView Report
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Tourism Destination Market Insight, 2021 Update - Analysis of Source Markets, Infrastructure and Attractions, and Risks and Opportunities
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Tourism Destination Market Insight, 2021 Update - Analysis of Source Markets, Infrastructure and Attractions, and Risks and OpportunitiesAnalysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as wellView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request