Bollore Logistics - Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
Bollore is a France-based logistics service provider, which operates through three segments: transportation and logistics, communications, and electricity storage and solutions. The group operates in Europe, the Americas, Africa, and the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. Bollores transportation and logistics segment operates through the Bollore Logistics and Bollore Africa Logistics divisions. Bollore Logistics provides services including multimodal transport, customs and regulatory compliance, logistics, global supply chain and industrial logistics services.
Bollore Africa Logistics offers services including port concessions operations, container terminals operations, port handling, tailored solutions, industrial solutions, consignment consolidations, forwarding, on site support services and on site materials management. The company operates three rail concessions in Africa: Sitarail, Camrail and Benirail.
MarketLine Premiums company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the worlds leading transport and logistics companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firms growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including air freight revenue, sea freight revenue, air freight volume, sea freight volume, operating income, net income, Total revenue.
Declining freight prices negatively affect Bollore Logistics top line
Bollore Logistics is Bollore Transport and Logistics freight forwarding and logistics business unit. The company provides multimodal transportation, customs and statutory compliance, logistics, global supply chain and industrial projects. Bollore Logistics revenue declined at 8.7% from US$3,733.6m in 2015 to US$3,410.6m in 2016. The decline is attributed to the lower freight prices from freight forwarding services due to competitive pricing. Bollore Logistics storage capacity increased from 748,000 m2 in 2015 to 913,000 m2 in 2016. This increase was driven by the initiatives undertaken by the company to extend or create logistics platforms, and to consolidate air and sea flows.
The decline in oil and raw material prices led to a decline in Bollore Africa Logistics revenue
Bollore Africa Logistics is a leading transportation and logistics player in Africa. The company provides services through transit and logistics and rail operations. Bollore Africa Logistics revenue declined at 12.1% from US$2,984.2m in 2015 to US$2,623.4m in 2016. The companys container volumes were negatively affected by decline in mining and oil activities, and logistics and port activities, in countries such as Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Chad, Angola, and Nigeria. A serious rail accident in Cameroon, the decline in hydrocarbon volumes to Chad (Camrail) and the suspension of the Benirail Project also affected the companys revenue. Its storage capacity declined from 10,000,000 m2 in 2015 to 7,200,000 m2 in 2016.
Bollore Energys revenue declined
Bollore Energy is one of the major oil distribution and logistics players in France, Switzerland, and Germany. The company distributes oil products and petroleum. Bollore Energys revenue declined at 12.6% from US$2,484.6m in 2015 to US$2,172.4m in 2016. This decline is due to the lower prices and volumes of oil products. Bollore Energy has a storage capacity of 16,915 m2, which remained same over 2015 and 2016.
- Company Snapshot - Details Bollores key indicators and rankings in terms of revenue, air freight volume, ocean containers and total warehouse space.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bollores strengths, weaknesses, and the opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of Bollores corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the companys performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases Bollores recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
Reasons to buy
- How does Bollore ranks among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bollore main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has Bollore performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are Bollores strengths and weaknesses and what are the opportunities and threats it faces?
Company Snapshot 3
Company SWOT Analysis 8
Growth Strategies 14
Company Performance 19
Competitive Landscape 25
Key Developments 32
ICT Spending Predictions 35
Financial Summary 38
Bollore Logistics - Company Strategy & Performance AnalysisBollore is a France-based logistics service provider, which operates through three segments: transportation and logistics, communications, and electricity storage and solutions. The groupView Report
Girteka Logistics - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information onView Report
Transport and Logistics - North American Industry Leaders: Top 10 Company Financials ChartbooksIn recent years technological innovation has revolutionized almost all markets and industries. This combined with growing political uncertainty,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request