China COSCO Holdings Company Limited - Company Strategy & Performance Analysis
China COSCO is mainly engaged in the container shipping and terminal business. The company operates its international and domestic container shipping and related businesses through COSCO Shipping Lines and its terminal business through COSCO Shipping Ports. The company has more than 400 domestic and overseas sales and service outlets worldwide. The terminal business is engaged in loading/unloading and piling containers and bulk terminals, and container leasing services. The companys Container Terminals segment is spread across 30 ports in the world, including China, Southeast Asia, Europe, Mediterranean, and Black Sea. The company operates in Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. China COSCO is headquartered in Tianjin, China.
MarketLine Premiums company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the worlds leading transport and logistics companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firms growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including air freight revenue, sea freight revenue, air freight volume, sea freight volume, operating income, net income, Total revenue.
The company has witnessed an increase in revenue and profitability ratio since Q3FY2016
The company recorded an increase in revenues from US$2,882.4m in Q3 2016 to US$3,232.8m in Q4 2016. Revenue then declined to US$3,090.1m in Q1 FY2017. Revenue increased to reach US$3,709.4m in Q3 FY2017. The companys net profit margin increased from -10.6% in Q3 FY2016 to 3.6% in Q3 FY2017. In the last two quarters of FY2016, the company posted operating and net losses due to the disposal of demolished vessels.
The expansion of the self operating container fleet led to increased revenue from Container Shipping and related businesses
In 2016, the Container Shipping and related business accounted for 95% of the companys total revenues. The revenue of the segment increased from US$8,358.2m in 2015 to US$10,110.2m in 2016, indicating an increase of 21.0%. This was due to the expansion of the self-operating container fleet. At the end of FY2016, the segment operated a fleet of 312 vessels, amounting to total capacity of 1,648,800 TEUs, growth of 85.9% in comparison to 886,928.4 TEUs in 2015. This enabled the company to improve its container shipping volume from 10.9 million TEUs in 2015 to 16.9 million TEUs in 2016, representing an increase of 54.36%.
Restructuring led to increases in the revenue of the Container Terminal and related business segment
In 2016, the Container Terminal and related business accounted for 5% of the companys total revenue. The revenue of the segment increased from US$494.1m in 2015 to US$495.1m in 2016, indicating an increase of 0.2%. The increase was primarily due to the acquisition of COSCO SHIPPING Ports. In term of total throughput, COSCO SHIPPING Ports accounted for 13% of global market share. After restructuring, COSCO Shipping ports operated 158 container berths in 30 ports worldwide with annual handling capacity of 97.2 million TEUs. The increase in fleet capacity enabled COSCO Shipping Ports to post a robust growth in container throughput, which increased from 90.5 million TEUs in 2015 to 95.1 million TEUs in 2016, posting growth of 5.1%.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of COSCO in terms of revenue, air freight volume, ocean containers and total warehouse space.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines COSCOs strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of COSCOs corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the companys performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases COSCOs recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
Reasons to buy
- How does COSCO ranks among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are COSCOs main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has COSCO performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are COSCOs strengths and weaknesses and what are the opportunities and threats it faces?
Company Snapshot 3
Company SWOT Analysis 8
Growth Strategies 14
Company Performance 19
Competitive Landscape 24
Key Developments 30
ICT Spending Predictions 32
Financial Summary 35
Airlines BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024The BRIC Airlines industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast toView Report
China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportChina Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company dataView Report
China COSCO Holdings Company Limited Company Profile - Business Operations, Strategies, SWOT Analysis and Financial Report
China COSCO Holdings Company Limited Company Profile is a detailed strategic and analytical report on China COSCO Holdings Company Limited. The 2018 version of the report offers detailed insights intoView Report
China COSCO Holdings Company Limited Strategic Analysis Review- China COSCO Holdings Company Limited SWOT, Outlook, Operations and Financial Profile
China COSCO Holdings Company Limited Company Profile provides strategic analysis of China COSCO Holdings Company Limited Company in current market conditions. The companys business/ operational/growth strategies are analyzed in theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request