CSX Corporation (CSX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
CSX Corporation (CSX) is a provider of rail based transportation services. It offers rail freight transportation services, which include traditional rail services, transport of intermodal containers and trailers, and rail-to-truck transload services. The company transports a broad portfolio of products, which includes coal and new energy sources, such as biodiesel and ethanol, to automobiles, military equipment and chemicals. It offers services to various markets including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. CSX operates through CSX Transportation, Inc., which helps the company in transportation in the US, the District of Columbia and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. CSX is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the US.
CSX Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 23,2018: CSX Announces Operating Management Changes
Apr 17,2018: CSX Announces Record First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
Mar 19,2018: CSX appoints Angela Williams as vice president and corporate controller
Mar 05,2018: CSX targets 6200 more job cuts
Jan 16,2018: CSX Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2017 Earnings
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
CSX Corporation - Key Facts 6
CSX Corporation - Key Employees 7
CSX Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
CSX Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
CSX Corporation - History 10
CSX Corporation - Company Statement 13
CSX Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
Company Overview 15
CSX Corporation - Business Description 15
Business Segment: Coal 15
Business Segment: Intermodal 15
Business Segment: Merchandise 15
CSX Corporation - Corporate Strategy 17
CSX Corporation - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
CSX Corporation - Strengths 18
CSX Corporation - Weaknesses 19
CSX Corporation - Opportunities 20
CSX Corporation - Threats 21
CSX Corporation - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 30
Apr 23, 2018: CSX Announces Operating Management Changes 30
Apr 17, 2018: CSX Announces Record First Quarter 2018 Financial Results 31
Jan 16, 2018: CSX Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2017 Earnings 32
Jan 08, 2018: CSX Strengthens Management Team with Addition of Edmond L. Harris as Executive Vice President of Operations 33
Dec 14, 2017: Jim Foote appointed to serve as acting CEO 34
Dec 14, 2017: CSX announces medical leave of CEO E. Hunter Harrison 35
Oct 25, 2017: CSX announces new COO and executive management changes 36
Oct 25, 2017: CSX announces new COO and executive management changes 37
Jul 18, 2017: CSX Q2 net earnings increase 38
Apr 19, 2017: CSX Q1 net earnings up 39
Section 5 Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List Of TablesList of Tables
CSX Corporation, Key Facts 6
CSX Corporation, Key Employees 7
CSX Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
CSX Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
CSX Corporation, History 10
CSX Corporation, Subsidiaries 14
CSX Corporation, Key Competitors 22
CSX Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 23
CSX Corporation, Annual Ratios 24
CSX Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
CSX Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
CSX Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
List Of FiguresList of Figures
CSX Corporation, Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 27
CSX Corporation, Ratio Charts 29
This report is part of theCompetitive Analysis Series, which includes assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide.The report provides significant competitor information, analysis and insight critical to the development andView Report
This report is part of the Competitive Analysis Series, which includes assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide.The report provides significant competitor information, analysis and insight critical to the developmentView Report
CSX Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportCSX Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers theView Report
CSX Corporation Company Profile - Business Operations, Strategies, SWOT Analysis and Financial Report
CSX Corporation Company Profile is a detailed strategic and analytical report on CSX Corporation. The 2018 version of the report offers detailed insights into the companys strategies, developments, outlook andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request