Botswana: Country Intelligence Report
Botswana: Country Intelligence Report
"Botswana: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Botswana’s telecom services market will grow from US$407 million in 2018 to US$519 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.0% over 2018-2023 driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. It will expand at a CAGR of 12.3% over 2018-2023, supported by the expansion of mobile broadband networks and wider adoption of 4G services across the country. Botswana’s fixed market will be driven by broadband service revenue, which will increase at the fastest CAGR of 12.6% over the forecast period. Fixed broadband growth will be supported by expansions and enhancements of fixed broadband networks carried out under the government’s national broadband strategy.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Botswana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Botswana will grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 79.3% of the total telecom service revenue in 2023, driven by the expansion of mobile broadband networks and wider adoption of 4G services across the country.
- Mascom Botswana led Botswana’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Orange Botswana and BTC. All the operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, particularly in the fast-growing 3G and 4G segments, and through competitively-priced offers to strengthen their market position.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Botswana’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Botswana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Botswana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Botswana.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Botswanas telecom services market will grow from US$407 million in 2018 to US$519 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.0% over 2018-2023 driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments.View Report
Brazil Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportBrazil Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Brazil today, with detailed forecastsView Report
Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportIndonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecastsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request