5G: Review of 5G Technology Readiness and Commercialization
"5G: Review of 5G Technology Readiness and Commercialization", is a Global Outlook Report byThe that gives an overview of the emerging 5G standard and the main market requirement trends worldwide with a competitive insight to players driving 5G deployment. With the first 5G radio equipment now available, initiatl 5G deployments have begun, led by operators in Korea, Japan and the U.S. The introduction of the first 5G mobile handsets later in 2019, as well as further evolution of 5G radio and core specifications, will drive massive adoption of 5G beginning in 2020.
This report identifies the technology underpinning the move toward deployment of 5G networks. The report focuses on key developments across the radio, core and transport network domains. The report also identifies the established and emerging vendors participating in the 5G market and identifies important networking innovations being developed to enable network operators to achieve 5Gs full potential.
- While pre-5G, pre-standards deployments have defined the 5G era thus far, significant hardening of standards related to both radio and core innovations took place in 2018. After completing the first 5G standard in December 2017 for non-standalone 5G new radio (NR), the 3GPP, which defines the standards governing cellular technologies, approved the standalone version in June 2018. The non-standalone version enables 5G NR to be deployed on top of an existing LTE core; however, the standalone version enables operators to build greenfield all-5G networks.
- Meanwhile, operators continue to refine the 5G core based on the service-based architecture (SBA). Building a 5G core will be crucial to enabling 5G-related features such as network slicing, but SBA represents a radical change in network design. The reference architecture for SBA is well defined, but the transition will be rocky. As a result, vendors are working with operators to enable a smooth transition to SBA-based 5G core.
- 5G transport requirements dictate significant increase of bandwidth to the RRU of 10 Gbps and more; backhaul connectivity to CU will scale to 100 Gbps. 5G advanced use cases have very stringent synchronization and latency requirements as well, and vendors need to offer solutions that fulfill these 5G transport requirements cost-effectively, while also taking into account physical constraints (space and power available). Vendors should also take into account interworking between 5G transport and 5G core, and deploy solutions that serve other network domains as well (fixed access, carrier Ethernet, etc.) to optimize costs of 5G transport deployment and operation.
- The 5G Radio Access Network: Review about newly developed 5G RAN standards with insights to market requirement behind 5G RAN deployment and explanation to available and emerging 5G RAN technologies. In addition to competitive study of incumbent as well as relatively new players or challengers operating in this segment.
- The 5G Core: Discussion about newly developed 5G core standards with insights to market requirement behind 5G core deployment and explanation to available and emerging 5G core technologies. Offers competitive study of incumbent as well as relatively new players or challengers operating in this segment which is further sub-segmented into IP services infrastructure and evolved packet core.
- The 5G Transport Network: The importance of a programmable IP and optical transport network in order to achieve 5Gs potential in terms of latency, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Key Recommendations: Set of key findings and critical considerations and recommendations for operators and vendors in 5G market.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides a global view of emerging standards for deploying 5G RAN as well as core network and trends in terms of market requirements, as well as competitive study of vendors/operators supporting 5G network deployment.
- This analysis is useful for telecom executives to evaluate their position vis--vis the major growth opportunities in 5G and make informed decisions about partner identification, strategic investments, value proposition and growth strategies to rapidly grow their 5G networks.
Technology: The 5G Radio Access Network
5G RAN Standards
5G RAN Market Requirements
5G RAN Technologies
5G RAN Competitive Landscape
Technology: The 5G Core
Key Technologies and Capabilities for Evolution to 5G
5G Core Standards
5G Core Market Requirements
5G Core Competitive Landscape
Technology: The 5G Transport Network
5G Transport Standards
5G Market Requirements
5G Transport Competitive Landscape
Acronyms and Definitions
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: 5G Radio Standards Timeline
Exhibit 2: 5G Market Requirements
Exhibit 3: 5G Licensed Spectrum
Exhibit 4: Cloud RAN Architectures
Exhibit 5: Huawei 5G Presentation
Exhibit 6: Massive MIMO Products
Exhibit 7: Samsung 5G FWA Demo
Exhibit 8: Service-Based Architecture
Exhibit 9: 5G Core Flexibility Attributes
Exhibit 10: Smooth Evolution to One Converged Core Network
Exhibit 11: ZTE Telco DevOps
Exhibit 12: Cisco Core
Exhibit 13: Ericsson 5G Core System
Exhibit 14: Huawei 5G Core Architecture
Exhibit 15: Nokia Cloud-Native Core
Exhibit 16: ZTE Common Mobile Core
Exhibit 17: Affirmed Cloud-Native Mobile Core
Exhibit 18: CORD as New Network Edge Platform
Exhibit 19: Netcracker vEPC
Exhibit 20: ITU-T Transport Reference Network
Exhibit 21: ITU-T 5G Transport Latency Requirements
Exhibit 22: Ericsson 5G Dense Urban Rooftop Install
Exhibit 23: Nokia 5G Anyhaul Solution
Exhibit 24: Fujitsu 5G Transport Proposition
This report examines the challenges that MNOs will face when deploying 5G and presents a detailed analysis of the technology options that are available to MNOs to accommodate their businessView Report
5G: Review of 5G Technology Readiness and Commercialization 5G: Review of 5G Technology Readiness and Commercialization , is a Global Outlook Report byThe that gives an overview of the emerging 5G standardView Report
IoT Monetization: Review of IoT Technology and Enabling Platforms IoT Monetization: Review of IoT Technology and Enabling Platforms , a thematic research report by GlobalData, thoroughly examines the IoT landscape, telcos IoTView Report
Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 33: A Quarterly Review of the latest News & Analysis for the Infant Formula and Baby Food Industry, covering news for July - September 2017
Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 33: A Quarterly Review of the latest News & Analysis for the Infant Formula and Baby Food Industry, covering news for July - September 2017 BabyView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request