The Impact of 5G and Next-Generation Networks on Mobile Opex Spending
"Without a sharp reduction in operating costs, the 5G business case will be hard to make."
Mobile network opex has been stubbornly resistant to reduction in recent years, but it is essential to the 5G business case that it falls. This report argues that no single solution will achieve operator targets of up to 33% opex reduction by 2025, but sets out a combination of tactics which could deliver savings on this scale in the 5G era.
The report answers the following questions:
- How can 5G, including its broader architecture, affect operating expenditure for operators?
- What are the technology choices that will have the greatest impact?
- When do we expect these technology and architecture changes to affect opex levels, and what will the regional patterns be?
- What factors may prevent operators from achieving their opex reduction targets?
- What is the most realistic timing to achieve an efficient operating cost base? Will slower movers benefit more than early adopters in certain scenarios?
Breakdown of targeted 5G opex savings
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Analysis and recommendations
- Virtualisation will play a role if implemented as part of a far-sighted strategy to change the capex/opex ratio
- Automation needs to be ‘brutal’ to reduce the opex of physical assets
- Disruptive MNOs show the way to a more radical model of sharing
- About the author and Analysys Mason
Smart Thermostat Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024
The global smart thermostat market reached a value of US$ 1.32 Billion in 2018. A smart thermostat is a part of a control system which senses and maintains the temperatureView Report
Advanced Authentication Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024
The global advanced authentication market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 12% during 2019-2024. Advanced authentication is a verification approach that requires the presentation of multiple factorsView Report
Packaging Insights: Adapting Packaging to E-Commerce - The impact of e-commerce growth on packaging principles
Packaging Insights: Adapting Packaging to E-Commerce - The impact of e-commerce growth on packaging principles Packaging Insights: Adapting Packaging to E-Commerce , investigates how the rise of online shopping around the worldView Report
China Tariffs on US$60 Billion Worth of US Imports and the Impact on Taiwans Telecommunications Sector
On September 17, 2018, the administration of US President Donald Trump announced that the US would impose tariffs on a list of products imported from China worth US$ 200 billion.View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request