Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Latin America
"Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Latin America", is a new Telecom Insider Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of mobile financial services (MFS) in Latin America. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the telco service portfolios and positioning strategies in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos mobile financial practices, business models to foster their in the mobile financial space, and case studies.
Latin Americas mobile subscriptions reached 112% of population in 2017. However, only 11% of the total population are mobile money users. In the region, MFS has not reached significant scale yet due to low awareness of MFS, security concerns over mobile payments, and low broadband penetration.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services: Portfolio: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators mobile financial services.
- Section 2: MFS in Latin America: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of mobile financial services in the region while also providing a closer look at market conditions of MFS adoption.
- Section 3: Case studies: This section looks at a total of two MFS case studies from Latin America giving insight into mobile network operators strategies and ambitions .
- Section 4: Key findings: it consists of a Summary of key findings and recommendations for the Latin America mobile financial services market.
- Given that the vast majority of Latin American countries fall under undeveloped markets, the opportunity for telcos to offer consumers mobile financial products is still present. No country in the region presents a penetration above 50% of Mobile Money Users.
- The lack of smartphones and mobile broadband altogether create a high barrier to entry in the MFS market. Although smartphone penetration reached 68% of the population in Latin America, only 55% of people have access to mobile broadband
- Upper middle income countries are significantly different from middle income countries in terms of the MFS market as these countries show the highest account ownership within the traditional banking system.Telcos generally play a small role or size a less lucrative opportunity in MFS. As a result MFS are being adopted at a slower rate.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) opportunities in the Latin America markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones, and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the Latin America region.
- To study Latin Americas most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services (MFS) Portfolio 6
Definition and Evolution
MFS portfolio definition 7
MFS market evolution and current market phase 8
Section 2: MFS Opportunities for Telcos in Latin America 9
Key drivers and inhibitors enabling MFS success for telcos 10
Market conditions conducive to MFS adoption 11
Section 3: Case studies 12
Tigos Paraguay experience 13-14
Telcels partnership with Paypal 15-16
Section 4: Key findings and recommendations 17
Key findings and recommendations 18
Acronyms and definitions 20
Mentioned companies 21
About the authors 22
About GlobalData 23
Contact information 24
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: MFS core portfolio - definitions 7
Exhibit 2: Typical development of mobile money in Latin America 8
Exhibit 3: MFS key growth drivers and inhibitors 10
Exhibit 4: MFS market opportunity in Latin America, 2017 11
Exhibit 5: Paraguay smartphone and mobile money user penetration, 2014-2023 13
Exhibit 6: Sample Tigo mobile money marketing 14
Exhibit 5: Mexico smartphone and mobile money user penetration, 2014-2023 15
Exhibit 6: Sample Telcel Pay mobile money marketing 16
Southeast Asia Voice and Mobile Internet Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Southeast Asia Voice and Mobile Internet market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX millionView Report
Global healthcare mobility solutions market Size study, by products and services (mobile devices, enterprise mobility platforms and mobile applications) Application (enterprise solutions and mhealth applications) End-user (payers, patients and providers) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global healthcare mobility solutions market to reach USD 296,011.2 million by 2025.Global Healthcare mobility solutions market is valued approximately USD 40,067.1 million in 2017 and is anticipated to grow withView Report
Financial Services Applications have come to the forefront ever since financial Institutions introduced online solutions and innovations such as P2P payment, online transfers, alerts and other such services. The ApplicationsView Report
Global Social Media Security Market Size study, by Solution (Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Risk Management and Others), by Security Type (Web Security, Application Security, Endpoint Security, Network Security and Cloud Security) by Service (Professional Services and Managed Services) by Organization Size (Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Large Enterprises) and by Vertical ()Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance, Healthcare, Telecom and IT, Retail, Media and Entertainment, Government, Education, Travel and Hospitality, Manufacturing, and Others and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025.
Global Social Media Security Market to reach USD 2719.7 million by 2025.Global social media security market valued approximately USD 745 million in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthyView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request