Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Asia-Pacific
"Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Asia-Pacific", a new Telecom Insider Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile financial services (MFS) market in Asia Pacific (APAC). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
MFS has proliferated throughout APAC with varied levels of adoption largely related to the development level of each market. Developed APAC has higher levels of overall MFS adoption, however telcos play a smaller role due to the strength of traditional financial institutions. However in emerging APAC , many telcos have launched MFS, including mobile money services, mobile banking, and regional remittances. Telcos in this sub-region that are at a more advanced phase of evolution have opted to expand their MFS to include savings, credit, and insurance services.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services: Portfolio: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators mobile financial services.
- Section 2: MFS in Asia Pacific: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of mobile financial services in APAC, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
- Section 3: Case studies: This section looks at a total of two difference case studies from APAC giving insight into mobile network operators portfolios, strategies, positioning, ambitions as well as the impact MFS has had on revenue.
- Section 4: Key findings: it consists of a Summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the APAC mobile financial services market.
- Key market drivers enabling telcos to capture market opportunities include a small banked population with a growing or high rate of mobile services adoption. Increasing smartphone penetration also enables more compelling MFS. Further investment from government and industry into telco MFS platforms to achieve financial inclusion and drive financial service penetration is another key factor for MFS growth in the region.
- In order to provide a fuller and more advanced range of mobile financial services, operators across the region are both creating in-house solutions and partnering with more traditional financial players.
- Telcos engaging with financial regulatory bodies to gain licenses, ease regulations and ecourage cross industry collaboration are more succesful when launching MFS.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the APAC region.
- To study APACs most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services (MFS) Portfolio 6
Definition and Evolution
MFS portfolio definition 7
MFS market evolution and current market phase 8
Section 2: MFS Opportunities for Telcos in Asia-Pacific 9
Key drivers and inhibitors enabling MFS success for telcos 10
Market conditions conducive to MFS adoption 11
Section 3: Case Studies 12
Telkomsel T-Cash Indonesia 13
Ant Financial (Philippines & Thailand) 14
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 15
Key findings and recommendations 16
Acronyms and definitions 18
About the authors 19
About GlobalData 20
Contact information 21
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: MFS core portfolio - Definitions 7
Exhibit 2: Typical development of mobile money in Asia Pacific 8
Exhibit 3: MFS key growth drivers and inhibitors 10
Exhibit 4: MFS market opportunity in APAC, 2017 11
Exhibit 5: T-Cash Pricing, Portfolio & Partners 13
Exhibit 6: Ant Pricing, Portfolio & Partners 14
This report examines the key trends and drivers, and provides a comprehensive mobile telecoms market forecast for the Central and Eastern European region and for 16 individually modelled countries includingView Report
Global 5G Technology Market Size study, by Usability (Enhanced Mobile Broadband, Massive Internet of Things, Mission Critical Services), by Technology (Radio Access Technologies (RAT), Wi-Fi, High-Speed Package Access (HSPA), Global System for Mobile (GSM), Worldwide Interoperability for microwave access), by Application (Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Retail, Home Automation, Energy & Utilities, Automotive, Industrial Automation, Intelligent Buildings and Infrastructure, Public Safety & Surveillance) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global 5G Technology Market to reach USD 1,271 billion by 2025.Global 5G Technology Market valued approximately USD XX billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthy growth rateView Report
Saudi Arabia Software as a Service (SaaS) Market (2018-2024): Market Forecast By Deployment (Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud), By End Users (Commercial Enterprises, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance), Hospitality and Healthcare, Industrial and Manufacturing, Government and Transportation, IT & Telecommunications and Others including Power Utilities and Water Treatment Plants), By Applications (Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Operations and Manufacturing, Content Management System, Supply Chain Management and Others including Security Management and Transaction Processing), By Regions (Eastern, Western, Central and Southern) and Competitive Landscape
After witnessing a slowdown over the past few years, the Saudi Arabian economy is now regaining momentum. With ambitious plans such as Saudi Vision 2030, the country is experiencing constructionView Report
Smart Money Investing in the Financial Services Industry - Q3 2018: Tracking M&A, venture capital, and private equity investments globally
Smart Money Investing in the Financial Services Industry - Q3 2018: Tracking M&A, venture capital, and private equity investments globallyThes Smart Money Investing in the Financial Services Industry - Q3View Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request