Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Africa and the Middle East
"Mobile Financial Services Market Opportunities for Telcos in Africa and the Middle East", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile financial services (MFS) market in Africa & Middle East (AME). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
After more than a decade, MFSs contribution to total service revenue is still growing in first-mover markets such as Kenya. At the same time new countries, such as Ghana, are rapidly becoming accustomed to MFS. M-P2P services are still the most widely spread type of service, but prices and charging models differ significantly across the wider Africa and Middle East region.
Over the forecast period, operators will increase their focus on digital services as well as more advanced mobile banking products in order to further drive mobile money usage.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services: Portfolio: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators mobile financial services.
- Section 2: MFS in Africa and the Middle East: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of mobile financial services in AME, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
- Section 3: Case studies: This section looks at a total of three difference case studies from AME giving insight into mobile network operators portfolios, strategies, positioning, ambitions as well as the impact MFS has had on revenue.
- Section 4: Key findings: it consists of a Summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the AME mobile financial services market.
- After more than a decade, the uptake and use of mobile financial services (MFS) is still growing rapidly in a number of countries in the AME region.
- In order to provide a fuller and more advanced range of mobile financial services, operators across the region are both creating in-house solutions and partnering with more traditional financial players.
- Mobile financial services now accounts for up to 1/4 of revenues for the most successful mobile network operators in the AME region.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the AME markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the AME region.
- To study AMEs most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategical decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services (MFS) Portfolio Definition and Evolution 6
MFS portfolio definition 7
MFS market evolution and current market phase 8
Section 2: MFS Opportunities for Telcos in Africa and the Middle East 9
Key drivers and inhibitors enabling MFS success for telcos 10
Market conditions conducive to MFS adoption 11
Section 3: Case Studies 12
Safaricom Kenya 13
Orange Cote dIvoire 14
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 15
Key findings and recommendations 16
Acronyms and definitions 18
Companies mentioned 19
About the Authors 20
About GlobalData 21
Contact information 22
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: MFS core portfolio - definitions 7
Exhibit 2: Typical development of mobile money in Africa and the Middle East 8
Exhibit 3: MFS key growth drivers and inhibitors 10
Exhibit 4: MFS market opportunity in AME, 2017 11
Exhibit 5: Sample Safaricom mobile money marketing 13
Exhibit 6: Orange health and life insurance MFS service 14
The Fixedmobile convergence in emerging AsiaPacific: case studies and analysis market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4999View Report
The Ningbo Zhoushan port authority: 5G engagements with Huawei and mobile network operators market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 999View Report
Financial Services: Adapting to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 3450View Report
Smart Money Investing in the Financial Services Industry Q4 2019 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 750View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request