Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies
"Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies", is a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of mobile financial services (MFS) in Asia-Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the telco service portfolios and positioning strategies in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos mobile financial offers, business models to foster their position in the mobile financial space, and case studies.
After more than a decade since the first mobile financial service was launched in Asia-Pacific the number of telco-based MFS offers in the region increased significantly, but many of them have not yet reached the desired scale for telcos to monetize from the MFS opportunity, particulalry in developed APAC where competition in the MFS space from banks, fintechs and itnernet companies is fierce.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context; this section provides the taxonomy and categories within the mobile financial services space.
- Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific; This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators mobile financial services.It also looks at the recent development and the current state of MFS in Asia-Pacific, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
- Section 3: Case studies; this section looks at a two different case studies from Asia-Pacific giving insight into mobile network operators portfolios, strategies, and positioning in mobile financial services.
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations; it consists of a Summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the Asia-Pacific mobile financial services market.
- MNOs are partnering with financial institutions in order to enhance their m-P2P/B solutions, streamlining the process of transferring and receiving money.
- In Asia-Pacific, mobile digital wallets is the most popular type of MFS solution, enabling transactions from connected devices and a variety of providers to offer branded m-wallet services.
- Smartphone penetration of population is expected to reach 64% in Asia-Pacific by year-end 2018, proving that more people have access to a mobile device than to banking services in the region.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the Asia-Pacific markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones, and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the Asia-Pacific region.
- To study Asia-Pacifics most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
List of exhibits 4
Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context 6
Mobile financial services portfolio 7
Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Asia-Pacific 8
Taking a closer look at M-P2P - service comparison 10
Drivers and inhibitors 11
Key milestones 12
Section 3: Case studies 13
Globe Philippines MFS 14
AIS Thailand MFS 16
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 18
Key findings and recommendation 19
Acronyms and definitions 21
Companies mentioned 22
About the authors 23
About GlobalData 24
Contact information 25
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework 7
Exhibit 2: MNO mobile financial services 9
Exhibit 3: Pricing of M-P2P services, 2018 10
Exhibit 4: Key factors for MFS development 11
Exhibit 5: Telcos mobile money key milestones 12
Exhibit 6: Globe MFS ownership structure 14
Exhibit 7: Globe MFS users, monthly transaction volume, & loan disbursements, 2015-2017 15
Exhibit 8: AIS MFS platforms and addressable market 16
Exhibit 9: AIS bank transfer MFS service ecosystem 17
Exhibit 10: AIS MFS user base 2017 (million) 17
The Operators can enhance unlimited mobile data plans to reduce the declining rate of traffic growth
5G could herald the launch of enhanced unlimited mobile data plans in some circumstances. In this comment, we assessess the launch of improved unlimited 4G data plans in South KoreaView Report
Mobile Apps Global Industry Almanac 2 2013-2022Global Mobile Apps industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile alsoView Report
Global Virtual Server Market Size study, by Type (Linux, Windows), by Application (Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Telecom and IT, Government, Others) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global Virtual Server Market to reach USD XX billion by 2025. Global Virtual Server Market valued approximately USD XX billion in 2016 is anticipated to grow with a healthy growthView Report
2019 Financial Services Competitive Intelligence: New York Community Bancorp Performance, Capabilities, Goals and Strategies
This report is part of the Competitive Analysis Series, which includes current assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide. The assessments include all or some of the following: OrganizationView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request