Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe
"Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Europe. It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
The pay-TV market in Europe has the highest pay-TV penetration compared to other regions. Pay-TV accounts in Europe will benefit from broadband network improvement and expansion to support the large bandwidth and data-intensive traffic generated by video.
Revenue growth will be slower in Central Eastern Europe than in Western Europe over 2018-2022 period due to higher content piracy usage and the rise of OTT.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Europe in a global context; looks at the pay-TV market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Section 2: Pay-TV market in Europe; provides a detailed description of the pay-TV market in Europe, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by technology.
- Section 3: Competitive market trends in Europe; analyzes the three main trends affecting the pay-TV market in the region, focusing on: network improvements, the threat of alternative OTT video platforms and the increasing roll that pay-TV players play in video content creation.
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Europe; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in Europe for the 2017-2022 period.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- Over the last few years, European markets have been experiencing subscriber growth as a result of broadband network improvement.
- The increasing demand for HD and 4K content, OTT video and interactive pay-TV platforms is forcing pay-TV service provides to allocate significant investments to upgrade and expand their network infrastructure.
- Telcos have adopted in-house content development and vertical integration strategies, to increase content quality and diversity and reduce costs.
- Increasing competition from OTT service providers is forcing pay-TV operators to move beyond the traditional linear pay-TV service proposition.
- The popularization of third party OTT video platforms and the rapid evolution of viewer habits towards non-linear video is forcing operators to embrace the OTT world.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in Europe pay-TV market, helping executives to fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by pay-TV service operators, providing insight into particular situations in the pay-TV market; this will help the reader to understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the pay-TV market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Europe in a global context 6
Europe highlights 7
Europes demographics at a glance 8
Europe in a global context 9
Section 2: Pay-TV market in Europe 10
Pay-TV market in Europe 11
Regulatory context in Europe 14
Section 3: Competitive market trends in Europe 15
Network improvement 17
OTT Threat 18
Content Access 20
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Europe 21
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Europe 22
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations 24
Key findings and recommendations 25
Acronyms and definitions 27
Companies mentioned 28
About the authors 29
Related research 30
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019Pay-TV penetration in Europe is set to increase through 2023 robust growth in IPTV services, supported by converged and multiplay offers. TheView Report
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & Middle East - 2019Although Africa and the Middle East (AME) accounted for the lowest regional pay-TV penetration in 2018, it will haveView Report
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overviewView Report
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in AME - 2019Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & the Middle East - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request