Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe
"Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Europe. It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
The pay-TV market in Europe has the highest pay-TV penetration compared to other regions. Pay-TV accounts in Europe will benefit from broadband network improvement and expansion to support the large bandwidth and data-intensive traffic generated by video.
Revenue growth will be slower in Central Eastern Europe than in Western Europe over 2018-2022 period due to higher content piracy usage and the rise of OTT.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Europe in a global context; looks at the pay-TV market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Section 2: Pay-TV market in Europe; provides a detailed description of the pay-TV market in Europe, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by technology.
- Section 3: Competitive market trends in Europe; analyzes the three main trends affecting the pay-TV market in the region, focusing on: network improvements, the threat of alternative OTT video platforms and the increasing roll that pay-TV players play in video content creation.
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Europe; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in Europe for the 2017-2022 period.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- Over the last few years, European markets have been experiencing subscriber growth as a result of broadband network improvement.
- The increasing demand for HD and 4K content, OTT video and interactive pay-TV platforms is forcing pay-TV service provides to allocate significant investments to upgrade and expand their network infrastructure.
- Telcos have adopted in-house content development and vertical integration strategies, to increase content quality and diversity and reduce costs.
- Increasing competition from OTT service providers is forcing pay-TV operators to move beyond the traditional linear pay-TV service proposition.
- The popularization of third party OTT video platforms and the rapid evolution of viewer habits towards non-linear video is forcing operators to embrace the OTT world.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in Europe pay-TV market, helping executives to fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by pay-TV service operators, providing insight into particular situations in the pay-TV market; this will help the reader to understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the pay-TV market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Europe in a global context 6
Europe highlights 7
Europes demographics at a glance 8
Europe in a global context 9
Section 2: Pay-TV market in Europe 10
Pay-TV market in Europe 11
Regulatory context in Europe 14
Section 3: Competitive market trends in Europe 15
Network improvement 17
OTT Threat 18
Content Access 20
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Europe 21
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Europe 22
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations 24
Key findings and recommendations 25
Acronyms and definitions 27
Companies mentioned 28
About the authors 29
Related research 30
TV and video retail revenue will grow by USD20 billion in the emerging AsiaPacific region between 2018 and 2023. This forecast report analyses the relative strength of IPTV and OTTView Report
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe , a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Europe.View Report
2019-2023 In Vitro Diagnostics Market: Strategic Implications of Emerging Reimbursement, Technological and Market Trends
- How will the future reimbursement changes affect individual market segments- Will the industry consolidate, decentralize, or undergo a bimodal transformation- What will be the impact onView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request