Kenya: Country Intelligence Report
"Kenya: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Kenya over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will remain the largest revenue contributor till 2020, while mobile data revenue will take over from 2021 driven by growing number of active mobile data users and increasing consumer demand for data-heavy mobile services such as OTT and social media. Going forward, government will focus on development of national fiber backbone while mobile operators will focus on offering data centric services and LTE network expansions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Kenya.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to government initiatives, national fiber project, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Kenya will grow at a CAGR of 7% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 91.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G subscriptions will grow at the fastest rate during 2018-2023, led by ongoing 4G network expansions by MNOs like Telkom Kenya.
- Safaricom will hold a majority 67.8% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2018 led by expansion of the 4G/LTE network and 4G+/LTE-A network via carrier aggregation. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are focusing on LTE expansion with a focus on mobile data services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kenyas telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kenyas mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kenyas telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kenya.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macro, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
Competitive landscape 21
Airtel Kenya 23
Telkom Kenya 24
Additional resources 25
Baseline forecast assumptions 26
Data tables 27
Research Methodology 31
About the authors 32
Country Intelligence Report coverage 33
About GlobalData 34
Kenya: Country Intelligence Report Kenya: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Portugal: Country Intelligence Report Portugal: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Portugal today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea today, with detailedView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request