Cybersecurity in Utilities - Thematic Research
Cybersecurity has been a concern for utilities for decades, due to their roles as operators of critical infrastructure and providers of essential services. However, concern over cybersecurity continues to climb up utilities agendas, driven by the increasingly interconnected nature of their infrastructure and systems, and the growing number of attacks targeting utilities.
Utilities need to transition to a more connected and smart energy system. They are also adopting IoT technologies that potentially open up utilities systems and infrastructure to the outside world. These include smart meters, sensors, and other grid monitoring devices. While this transition is necessary to make utilities more efficient and enable the uptake of new technologies like electric vehicles and solar and wind, it also creates many more targets for malicious actors to target. It also means that utilities will increasingly need to open up some of their core systems that were historically protected by being isolated from the outside world, also creating new potential risks.
- This report analyses cybersecurity in the utilities sector.
- It discusses how the sector is subject to stricter regulation in terms of cyber- and physical security, and is looking to invest in integrated solutions.
- It identifies key winners and losers in high-growth cyber technology cycles such as network security appliances, cloud security, and artificial intelligence over the next two years.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the big players in the cybersecurity industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It highlights the main trends in the cybersecurity industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining the degree of cyber risks and motives, and its serious implications on businesses.
- The report discusses the impact of cybersecurity on utilities and the unique challenges it faces.
- It also identifies technologies will drive growth in the cybersecurity industry over the next two years.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining the importance of a cybersecurity framework to establish standards, guidelines, and practices to protect critical infrastructure.
Changing nature of cyber threats 5
Evolution of cybersecurity technologies 6
Industry growth drivers 8
Corporate governance trends 9
Cybersecurity trends in utilities 10
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 11
IMPACT OF CYBERSECURITY ON UTILITIES 15
Unique challenges facing utilities when implementing cybersecurity 15
Market size and growth forecasts 17
VALUE CHAIN 22
Network security 23
Unified threat management 23
Artificial Intelligence 24
Deception-based cyber defenses (subset of AI) 24
Behavioral analytics (subset of AI) 25
Endpoint security 26
Mobile security (subset of endpoint security) 26
Identity and access management 27
Data security 28
Application security 28
Email security 29
Cloud security 29
Managed security services 30
Post-breach consultancy services 30
COMPANIES SECTION 32
Public companies 32
Private companies 37
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 40
The NIST framework 40
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 45
The Middle East and Africa Cybersecurity Market (2018-2023) market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1950View Report
The global cybersecurity market is expected to witness high adoption, owing to rapid digitalization, higher spending on information security, and the advent of 5G. Various industrial and commercial sectors areView Report
Based on the Cybersecurity industrial chain, this report mainly elaborates the definition, types, applications and major players of Cybersecurity market in details. Deep analysis about market status (2014-2019), enterprise competitionView Report
The Global and Southeast Asia Enterprise Cybersecurity Industry, 2013-2023 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Enterprise Cybersecurity industry with aView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request