Blockchain in Retail and FMCG - Thematic Research
Blockchain technology will have a difficult year in 2018. As the cost and complexity of implementing blockchain solutions becomes apparent, many of the early blockchain projects will either be quietly shelved in favor of more traditional approaches or they will evolve in a way that reduces their dependence on blockchain technology.
Blockchain can help FMCG manufacturers, consumers, and retailers to better track the provenance of stock, give them greater control over what is sold, and provide guarantees for food safety and sourcing. The technology is particularly useful for controlling supply chains since every change to data, such as manufacturing dates and locations, can be tracked. This can eliminate the use of unreliable suppliers, child labor, and poor quality ingredients.
The report focuses on analysing blockchain in retail and FMCG.
- This report analyses the impact of blockchain in retail and FMCG.
- It discusses how retailers and FMCG brands benefit from blockchain.
- It identifies current leaders in the blockchain technology theme.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the key players in the blockchain industry.
- It identifies some of the key trends in the blockchain technology theme.
- The report discusses the blockchain value chain by use case.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining how businesses are gradually adopting the blockchain technology.
- The report analyses the impact of blockchain on retail and FMCG through case studies, and key recommendations for FMCG companies, retailers, and IT vendors.
- The report also discusses the impact of blockchain on payments, and identifies the key winners and losers in the payments sector.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining how blockchain has developed over the last decade and how it works.
Blockchain industry trends 5
Blockchain use case trends 6
Blockchain trends in the retail and FMCG industries 8
VALUE CHAIN 9
Asset registries 9
Financial services platforms 11
Industrial platforms 12
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 13
Permissioned DLT networks insert a degree of trust into the equation 14
Commercial blockchains are at least five years away 14
DLT faces several fundamental technical challenges 14
What are the primary use cases for blockchain technology? 15
Land registries 16
Digital fiat currencies 16
Smart grid 17
Commodity trading 17
Mergers and acquisitions 18
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON RETAIL AND FMCG 21
Retail and FMCG case studies 21
Key recommendations for FMCG companies and retailers 24
Key recommendations for IT vendors 24
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON PAYMENTS 25
Winners and losers in the payments sector 25
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 27
How has blockchain technology developed over the last decade? 27
How does blockchain work? 28
COMPANIES SECTION 29
Public tech and financial services companies 29
Private tech companies 31
Retail and FMCG companies 33
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 37
Global Blockchain technology in Healthcare Market Size study, by Application (Supply Chain Management, Claims Adjudication & Billing Management, Clinical Data Exchange & Interoperability and other applications), End-users (Healthcare Payers, Healthcare Providers, Pharmaceutical Companies and Other End Users) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global Blockchain technology in Healthcare Market to reach USD 293.3 billion by 2025.Global Blockchain technology in Healthcare Market valued approximately USD 3.69 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow withView Report
Global Blockchain in Energy Market Report Information by Technology Type, By Platform, By Implementation, By End-Use, By Region - Forecast Till 2023
Blockchain technology is a relatively new technology that has the potential to transform the way energy industry operates by shifting away from a centralized structure toward a decentralized system. TheView Report
Applications of Virtual Reality in Retail Industry Applications of Virtual Reality in Retail Industry , provides an overview of evolution of virtual reality, its impact on retail, areas of application, opportunities andView Report
The world of retail is always changing. Retailers from all around the world, are trying new things. Some of those experiments will be the future of retailing. This report coversView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request