Telcos’ Approaches to Smart Home Monetization
"Telcos Approaches to Smart Home Monetization", a thematic research report by The, examines the smart home business models that telcos are applying to monetize the smart home market opportunity. Using a case study methodology, the report analyzes four leading telcos to identify key monetization approaches, provide a strategic assessment of the approaches and recommendation for telcos.
Telcos have already perceived the need to expand their portfolio beyond connectivity to monetize the growing smart home opportunity. To develop smart home portfolio telcos are are engaging in partnerships and joint ventures with different stakeholders that are part of the smart home ecosystem, including device manufacturers, technology providers, application developers and start-ups.
The report is structured as follows -
- Section 1: Smart Home Monetization Aims and Models; this section provides a strategic framework of key smart home monetisation approaches available for telcos.
- Section 2: Telcos Approaches to Monetizing Smart Home Services; an analysis of four case studies of telcos smart home services that includes Deutsche Telekom, HKT, Comcast, and Vodafone Spain.
- Section 3: Findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings and critical considerations and recommendations for telcos and vendors pursuing the smart home opportunity.
- There are four key monetization opportunities for telcos in the smart home: customer retention and acquisition, B2C cross-selling and up-selling, hardware sales revenue, and white-labeling and upsell opportunities in the B2B segment.
- Telcos are facing three dilemmas in smart home monetization: the revenue potential from connectivity is minimal, ecosystems can also be quite complex, and often telcos do not have all the in-house technical capabilities required to provide end-to-end IoT solutions and services to their clients.
- Many telcos are focusing on leveraging their capabilities to develop cross-vertical solutions that can be applied across different IoT projects.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides an examination of telcos smart home monetization models to help executives understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations regarding smart home services and the role of telcos in service provision; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to succeed.
- The report discusses opportunities in the smart home market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the different approaches that telcos are adopting to foster their presence within the smart home value chain and ecosystem.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Smart Home Monetization Aims & Models 6
Monetization Aims 7
Key Monetization Models 8
Section 2: Telcos Approaches to Monetizing Smart Home Services 9
Deutsche Telekom Magenta SmartHome 10
Comcast XFINITY Home 12
Vodafone V-Home Spain 14
Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Smart Living 16
Section 3: Findings and Recommendations 18
Key Findings & Recommendations: Telco smart home monetization 19
Acronyms and definitions 21
Companies mentioned 22
About the authors 23
Contact information 24
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Monetization Aims 8
Exhibit 2: Key Monetization Models 9
Exhibit 3: Deutsche Telekom, Germany, Magenta SmartHome Case Study Snapshot 11
Exhibit 4: Deutsche Telekom Service model, value proposition, & monetization Approaches 12
Exhibit 5: Comcast, US, XFINITY Home Case Study Snapshot 13
Exhibit 6: Comcast Service model, value proposition, & monetization Approaches 14
Exhibit 7: Vodafone, Spain, V-Home Case Study Snapshot 15
Exhibit 8: Vodafone Service model, value proposition, & monetization Approaches 16
Exhibit 9: HKT, Hong Kong, Smart Living Case Study Snapshot 17
Exhibit 10: HKT Service model, value proposition, & monetization Approaches 18
Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role , is a newView Report
Ecommerce Landscape in Asia-Pacific: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role Ecommerce Landscape in Asia-Pacific: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role , a new Telecom Insider Report by provides an executive-level overviewView Report
The Operator approaches to the SME market: case studies and analysis market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4999View Report
Operator approaches to unified communications: ten case studies market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4999View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request