Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Americas
"Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Americas", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in the Americas. It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
PayTV penetration in the Americas is set to decline through 2022 dragged down by ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America (NA), where an increasing number of households are swapping their traditional pay-TV subscriptions for OTT alternatives. The popularization of third party video OTT platforms and the rapid evolution of viewers habits towards non-linear video are forcing pay-TV operators to enhance their traditional service propositiond with more innovative features and embrace the OTT world.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Americas in a global context; looks at the pay-TV market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Section 2: Pay-TV market in the Americas; provides a detailed description of the pay-TV market in the Americas, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by technology.
- Section 3: Competitive market trends in Americas; analyzes the three main trends affecting the pay-TV market in the region, focusing on: network improvements, the threat of alternative OTT video platforms and the increasing rolo that pay-TV players play in video content creation.
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Americas; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in the Americas for the 2017-2022 period.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- Over the last few years, North American markets have been experiencing subscriber declines as a result of customers swapping their traditional pay-TV subscriptions for OTT video alternatives, a trend that we expect will continue over the forecast period.
- Although cord-cutting is still not affecting countries in Latin America yet, we expect subscriber growth to decelerate.
- With the increasing demand for HD and 4K content, OTT video and interactive pay-TV platforms is forcing pay-TV service provides to allocate significant investments to upgrade and expand their network infrastructure.
- With the rapid popularization of OTT distribution platforms, competition for exclusive content rights is ramping up, making access to prime content more difficult and expensive for traditional pay-TV service providers.
- An increasing number of pay-TV operators are opting for vertically integrating content production, whrther by creating their own dedicated units or through the acquisition of production companies.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in the Americas pay-TV market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by pay-TV service providers that illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the pay-TV market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
Executive summary 4
Section 1: Americas in a global context 5
Americas demographics at a glance 6
Americas in a global context 7
Section 2: Pay-TV market in Americas 8
Pay-TV market in Americas 9
Regulatory context in Americas 10
Section 3: Competitive market trends in the Americas 14
Competitive market trends in the Americas 15
Network improvements in the Americas 16
OTT threat in the Americas 17
Content access in the Americas 18
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Americas 19
Pay-TV ARPU evolution in Americas 20
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Americas 21
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations 22
Acronyms and definitions 25
Companies mentioned 26
About the authors 27
Related research 28
TV and video retail revenue will grow by USD20 billion in the emerging AsiaPacific region between 2018 and 2023. This forecast report analyses the relative strength of IPTV and OTTView Report
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunity in Europe , a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Europe.View Report
US In Vitro Diagnostics Market: Strategic Implications of Emerging Reimbursement, Technological and Market Trends, 2019-2023
- How will the future reimbursement changes affect individual market segments- Will the industry consolidate, decentralize, or undergo a bimodal transformation- What will be the impact on purchasingView Report
Belgium Power Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2019 - Market Trends, Regulations, and Competitive Landscape
Belgium Power Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2019 - Market Trends, Regulations, and Competitive LandscapeThis report elaborates Belgian power market structure and provides historical and forecast numbers for capacity, generation,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request