Virtual and Augmented Reality in Tourism - Thematic Research
Virtual & Augmented Reality in Tourism - Thematic Research
Alternative reality - which encompasses virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR) - could become the next big computing platform. In VR, the user is immersed in an entirely artificial world. In AR, the user sees the real world overlaid with digital data.
The potential for VR/AR to elevate the tourism experience is enormous. Thanks to VR or AR, future customers can experience destinations, hotels, or even the inside of an airplane before the trip, from the comfort of their own home. By wearing VR/AR gear while visiting historical sites, tourists can also experience historical scenes or see ancient buildings in perfect condition, even if in reality the monuments do not exist anymore or are in poor condition. Thus, VR/AR is expected to transform the sector by changing how customers choose their holidays and interact with the tourism brands, and how the companies interact with them.
- The report focuses on analysing the potential of VR/AR in the tourism sector.
- The report identifies some leading technology and tourism players.
- The impact of virtual and augmented reality on tourism and key recommendations for tourism companies and IT vendors.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights big players in the alternative reality industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It discusses some of main trends that we expect to see over the next five years.
- The report also provides an overview of the alternative reality industry value chain across five segments - semiconductors, components, headsets, platforms, and applications and content.
- The report offers an industry analysis, competitor landscape, key mergers and acquisitions, and a timeline.
- The report explains the impact of virtual and augmented reality on tourism with the help of some tourism case studies.
- The report also includes a technology briefing to understand the different realms of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR) - collectively referred to as alternative reality.
Macroeconomic trends 4
Technology trends 5
Media trends 7
Virtual & augmented reality trends in tourism 9
VALUE CHAIN 11
Applications and content 18
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 21
Competitor landscape 22
IMPACT OF VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY ON TOURISM 28
Virtual and augmented reality in the tourism sector 28
Tourism case studies 28
Key recommendations for tourism companies 31
Key recommendations for IT vendors 31
COMPANIES SECTION 32
Public tech companies 32
Private technology companies 35
Tourism companies 37
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 39
Virtual reality 39
Augmented reality 39
Mixed reality 39
APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 40
The COVID-19: aligning 5G investment with virtualisation will accelerate spending recovery market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 499View Report
Consumer 5G use cases: operator strategies for virtual reality video market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4999View Report
Europe Virtual And Remote Laboratories Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Europe Virtual And Remote Laboratories market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USDView Report
North America Virtual And Remote Laboratories Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The North America Virtual And Remote Laboratories market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX millionView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request