Peru: Country Intelligence Report
"Peru: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Peruvian telecom and pay-TV market will expand at a 2% CAGR for the 2017-2022 period, mainly driven by the increasing demand for mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV services. Mobile voice was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017, accounting for 35.9% of the total revenue generated during the year. By 2022, we expect its contribution to total revenue to drop to 29.9%, as mobile data revenue becomes the main source of revenue for the market. This advance will be supported by operator investment in LTE networks across the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Peru.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Peru represents 5.4% of total mobile subscriptions in Latin American. During the 2017-2022 period, the countrys mobile subscriber base will expand at a CAGR of 4%.
- Mobile data revenue will be the fastest-growing segment, expanding at a CAGR of 8%. Growth will be mainly owed to an increase in the demand of mobile data services thanks to the popularization of smartphone devices and, to a lesser stent, an increase in M2M subscriptions.
- At the year-end 2017, 3G represented 59.3% of total mobile subscriptions in Peru, although this technology will be surpassed by 4G/LTE in 2020. We estimate that 4G/LTE subscriptions will account for 60.4% of total mobile subscriptions in Peru by 2022.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Perus telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Perus mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Perus telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Peru.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 19
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 27
Additional resources 31
Baseline forecast assumptions 32
Data tables 33
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41
Peru: Country Intelligence Report Peru: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth
Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support TelecomView Report
Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts ofView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request