Colombia: Country Intelligence Report
"Colombia: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Colombian telecom and pay-TV market will expand at a 2.7% CAGR for the 2017-2022 period, mainly driven by the increasing demand for mobile data and fixed broadband connectivity services. Mobile voice was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017, accounting for 31.9% of the total revenue generated during the year. By 2022, we expect its contribution to total revenue to drop to 31.3%, as mobile data revenue becomes the main source of revenue for the market. This advance will be supported operators recent LTE-A deployments and the future allocation of spectrum in the 700MHz band.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Colombia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- With 58.4m subscriptions by year-end 2017, the Colombian mobile market was the fourth largest in Latin America, accounting for 8.3% of the regions mobile subscriptions.
- Mobile data revenue will be the fastest-growing segment, expanding at a CAGR of 10.7%. Growth will be mainly owed to an increase in the demand of mobile data services thanks to the popularization of smartphone devices and, to a lesser stent, an increase in M2M subscriptions.
- While 3G technology accounted for the majority of mobile subscriptions in Colombia at year-end 2017, 4G has been rapidly gaining momentum. We expect 4G will overtake 3G as the most popular mobile technology by 2022, accounting for 60.2% of total active subscriptions.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Colombias telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Colombias mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Colombias telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Colombia.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Tigo UNE 29
Additional resources 31
Baseline forecast assumptions 32
Data tables 34
Research methodology 39
About the authors 40
Country Intelligence Report coverage 41
About GlobalData 42
Colombia: Country Intelligence Report Colombia: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
ICT Investment Trends in Colombia: Business transformations influencing ICT investment strategy ICT Investment Trends in Colombia , presents the findings from a survey of 65 Colombian enterprises regarding their Information & CommunicationsView Report
Portugal: Country Intelligence Report Portugal: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Portugal today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by The, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea today, with detailedView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request