Mobile Financial Services in Africa and the Middle East: Telco service portfolios and positioning strategies
"Mobile Financial Services in Africa and the Middle East", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile financial services (MFS) market in Africa & Middle East (AME). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
After more than a decade, MFSs contribution to total service revenue is still growing in first-mover markets such as Kenya. At the same time new countries, such as Ghana, are rapidly becoming accustomed to MFS. M-P2P services are still the most widely spread type of service, but prices and charging models differ significantly across the wider Africa and Middle East region. Over the forecast period, operators will increase their focus on digital services as well as more advanced mobile banking products in order to further drive mobile money usage.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services: Portfolio: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators mobile financial services.
- Section 2: MFS in Africa and the Middle East: This section looks at the recent development and the current state of mobile financial services in AME, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
- Section 3: Case studies: This section looks at a total of three difference case studies from AME giving insight into mobile network operators portfolios, strategies, positioning, ambitions as well as the impact MFS has had on revenue.
- Section 4: Key findings: it consists of a Summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the AME mobile financial services market.
- After more than a decade, the uptake and use of mobile financial services (MFS) is still growing rapidly in a number of countries in the AME region.
- In order to provide a fuller and more advanced range of mobile financial services, operators across the region are both creating in-house solutions and partnering with more traditional financial players.
- Mobile financial services now accounts for up to 1/4 of revenues for the most succesful mobile network operators in the AME region.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the AME markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, milestones and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the AME region.
- To study AMEs most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategical decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services (MFS) 6
MFS: Portfolio 7
Section 2: MFS in Africa and the Middle East 8
Existing Services in Africa and the Middle East 9
Drivers and Inhibitors in Africa and the Middle East 10
Key Milestones 11
Taking a Closer Look at M-P2P - Service Comparison 12
Section 3: Case studies 13
Safaricom Kenya 14
MTN Ghana 16
Zain Iraq 18
Section 4: Key findings and recommendations 19
Key findings and recommendations 20
Acronyms and definitions 22
About the authors 23
About GlobalData 24
Contact information 25
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Exhibit 1: MFS core portfolio - Definitions 7
Exhibit 2: MFS - Regional prevalence 9
Exhibit 3: MFS drivers and inhibitors 4
Exhibit 4: Mobile money key milestones 11
Exhibit 5: Pricing of M-P2P services, 2018 12
Exhibit 6: Sample Safaricom mobile money marketing 14
Exhibit 7: M-PESA % of service revenue, % 2014-2017e 15
Exhibit 8: M-PESA ARPU, % 2010-2017 15
Exhibit 9: Sample MTN Ghana mobile money marketing 16
Exhibit 10: MFS share of revenue, % 2014-2017e 17
Exhibit 11: Zain mobile money marketing overview 18
Worldwide Major Mobile Phone Vendor Performance, 4Q 2020 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1000View Report
MobileDemand LLC - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportMobileDemand LLC - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers theView Report
Accounting Services Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Impact and Recovery to 2030 Including: 1) By Type: Payroll Services; Tax Preparation Services; Bookkeeping, Financial Auditing and Other Accounting Services 2) By End Use Industry: IT Services; Manufacturing; Financial Services; Construction; Others Covering: PwC LLP; Ernst & Young LLP; Deloitte LLP; KPMG LLP; BDO International Ltd
Accounting Services Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Impact and Recovery to 2030 from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information theyView Report
Management Consulting Services Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Impact and Recovery to 2030 Including: 1) By Type: Operations Advisory; Financial Advisory; Technology Advisory; Strategy Advisory; Other Consulting Services; HR Advisory 2) By End Use Industry: IT Services; Manufacturing; Financial Services; Mining And Oil & Gas; Construction; Others Covering: Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited; Accenture Plc; International Business Machines Corporation; Ernst & Young Global Limited; PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Management Consulting Services Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Impact and Recovery to 2030 from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical informationView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request