Egypt: Country Intelligence Report
"Egypt: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Egypt through 2017-2022 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV services segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment until 2021, with its share of total revenue to decline to 38.9% in 2022. The mobile data segment, however, will surpass mobile voice as the leading revenue contributor in 2022. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 32.9% over 2017-2022 to reach $1.8bn by the end of 2022, aided by the continuing expansion of 4G services and the growing adoption of smartphones, data bundles and value-added services. Operator focus on expanding 4G network and government investments in fiber-optic networks will boost mobile and fixed broadband markets, respectively.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Egypt.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Egypt is estimated to reach $4.3bn in 2022, at a CAGR of 10.1%, driven by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV revenue.
- Mobile revenue will account for 81.0% of total telecom revenue in 2022.
- The Egypt telecom market will be dominated by Telecom Egypt (fixed), Vodafone Egypt and Orange Egypt (mobile). Operators will continue to focus on network investments, 4G coverage expansions and offering appealing data plans and value-added services to stimulate data adoption.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Egypts telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Egypts mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Egypts telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Egypt.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Telecom Egypt 28
Vodafone Egypt 29
Orange Egypt 30
Etisalat Egypt 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41
Egypt: Country Intelligence Report Egypt: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts ofView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request