Uruguay: Country Intelligence Report
Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Uruguay will decline from $1.6 billion in 2018 to $1.4 billion by 2023. While the depreciation of Uruguayan peso against the US dollar will have an adverse affect on our revenue projections in US dollar terms, the market will show a growth in local currency (UYU). Our estimations indicate that the overall revenue will increase at a CAGR 2.0% from UYU48.0 billion in 2018 to UYU53.0 billion in 2023, supported by mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments.
"Uruguay: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Uruguay.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall revenue will increase at a CAGR 2.0% from UYU48.0 billion in 2018 to UYU53.0 billion in 2023.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 49.0% of total telecom revenue in 2018 and mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G represents the leading mobile service technology in Uruguay and accounted for 58.0% of the total mobile subscriptions at the end of 2018. We expect commercial 5G services to become available in 2021.
- The top two mobile operators, Antel and Movistar, accounted for 84.3% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Uruguays telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uruguays mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Uruguays telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uruguay.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Uruguay: Country Intelligence ReportTotal telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Uruguay will decline from $1.6 billion in 2018 to $1.4 billion by 2023. While the depreciation of Uruguayan peso againstView Report
Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today,View Report
Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecastsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request