Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East
"Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Africa & Middle East (AME). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
In AME, mobile services revenue growth will be driven by a continuous expansion in mobile subscriptions penetration of the population and in mobile data usage over 2017-2022.The region will record important growth in cellular M2M/IoT subscriptions driven by a number of vertically-focused M2M/IoT applications. Over the forecast period, operators will continue to focus on 4G coverage expansion, network evolution to 5G (i selected markets), mobile data monetization and IoT/M2M portfolio expansion. AME telecoms market will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a global context: This section provides a comparison of AMEs macro-economic KPIs, mobile telecoms market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the AME mobile markets over the past four years, including MNO and MVNO market entries, market exits, MVNOs market expansion, consolidation and M&As activities.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in AME: Provides analysis, historical figures and forecasts of the mobile subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers. It includes an overview of the evolution trend and growth drivers of mobile users, subscriptions by mobile generation (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), subscriptions by by device type (smartphone, feature phone, connected data devices and M2M/IoT) and data usage by payment type. It also provides a list of the expected 5G network launches in the region.
- Section 4: Mobile Broadband revenue trends in AME: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2017-2022. - Section 5: Key findings: it consists of a Summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the AME mobile broadband market.
- Market consolidation and M&As have intensified in a number of countries, with more than three mobile players.
- Data usage in AME is booming and globaldata expects average data usage to more than double between 2017 and 2022; Kuwait and Bahrain are already witnessing a high mobile data usage already largely above the expected 2022 AME monthly average of 4.6GB.
- 5G will account for a small share of total AME mobile subscriptions in 2022; 3G will still be the leading technology, slightly ahead of 4G which share will more than double in 2017-2022.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of AMEs mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise anlytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in AMEs mobile telecommunications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in AMEs evolving telecommunications market.
List of exhibits 4
Key takeaways 5
Africa & Middle East highlights 6
Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a global context 7
Africa & Middle Easts main facts 8
Africa & Middle Easts demographics 9
Africa & Middle East in a global context 10
Section 2: Competitive dynamics 12
Major competitive changes in Africa & Middle East 13
Africa & Middle Easts main competitive market trends 14
MVNOs in Africa & Middle East 15
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends 16
Mobile user trends in Africa & Middle East 17
Mobile technology trends in Africa & Middle East 19
5G innovators 20
Mobile device trends in Africa & Middle East 21
M2M/IoT trends in Africa & Middle East 23
Mobile data traffic trends in Africa & Middle East 24
Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends in AME 25
ARPU trends in Africa & Middle East 26
Revenue trends in Africa & Middle East 27
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations 28
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population 9
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP 9
Exhibit 3: Real GDP growth 9
Exhibit 4: User penetration 10
Exhibit 5: Subscription penetration 10
Exhibit 6: Prepaid subscriptions as a% of total subscriptions 10
Exhibit 7: Monthly ARPU 11
Exhibit 8: Data as a share of total ARPU 11
Exhibit 9: Monthly voice MoU 11
Exhibit 10: MVNO subscriptions 15
Exhibit 11: Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in AME 15
Exhibit 12: Mobile user penetration vs. PPP-Adjusted GDP per capita 17
Exhibit 13: Mobile users 18
Exhibit 14: Mobile subscriptions and penetration 18
Exhibit 15: Mobile subscriptions by technology generation 19
Exhibit 16: Top five markets in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total 19
Exhibit 17: Mobile subscriptions by device type 21
Exhibit 18: Net additions by device type 21
Exhibit 19: Mobile handsets subscriptions by type 22
Exhibit 20: M2M/IoT subscriptions and revenue 23
Exhibit 21: Total mobile data traffic 24
Exhibit 22: Mobile ARPU in AME 26
Exhibit 23: Monthly spend on 1GB of data as % of PPPadjusted GDP per capita 26
Exhibit 24: Mobile services revenue by device type 27
Exhibit 25: Fastest growing markets in terms of mobile services revenue 27
Satifaction with customer service and network coverage are major predictors of customers willingness to promote and, therefore, NPS. This report focuses on aspects Connected Consumer Survey that relate to theView Report
Southeast Asia Voice and Mobile Internet Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Southeast Asia Voice and Mobile Internet market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX millionView Report
The global market sizeof Mobile Broadband Module is $XX million in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million by the endView Report
The global market sizeof Mobile Broadband Modem is $XX million in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million by the endView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request