Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East - 2019
Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East - 2019
""Mobile Broadband Trends in Africa & Middle East - 2019"", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Africa & Middle East. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends in the region.
In mobile user penetration in Africa & Middle East (AME) reached 59% in 2018, and will grow to 70% by the end of 2023, aided by mobile coverage expansion. M2M/IoT will be the fastest growing device segment in AME. This is driven by initiatives in transportation, smart cities, and security solutions, thereby generating service opportunities for telcos and IT vendors. Ongoing trials and developments of 5G networks, primarily in MENA, and expansions of 4G networks throughout AME will create new opportunities for equipment vendors and investors.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & Middle East in the global context; this section provides a comparison of Africa & Middle Eastern mobile telecom market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Competitive dynamics; this section provides competitive analysis of various MNOs and MVNOs in Africa & Middle Easts mobile market.
- Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in Africa & Middle East; it provides analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of mobile subscriptions, users, and penetration along with device and traffic trends.
- Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends in Africa & Middle East; this section examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2018-2023.
- Section 5: Key findings; a summary of key findings for Africa & Middle East mobile broadband market.
- GlobalData projects mobile data usage to more than double over 2018-2023 in Africa & Middle East. This is driven by the availability of low-cost (below $50) smartphones, a growing number of 4G launches and 4G adoption, combined with a wide range of affordable data plans with a focus on OTT and social media applications. Furthermore, data-centric data bundles could help telcos tailor to evolving customer needs such as growing adoption of social media, mobile video, and OTT communication applications.
- Strong growth in M2M/IoT in Africa & Middle East will be supported by smart city, transportation and industrial initiatives as well as the uptake in mobility and safety/security solutions.
- Commercial launch of 5G services in Africa & Middle East is expected in 2019, with at least five countries aiming to launch 5G in 2019. However, 4G will become the largest mobile technology by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 27.0% over 2018-2023.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Africa & Middle Easts mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Africa & Middle Easts mobile communications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Africa & Middle East.
List of exhibits
Africa & Middle East’s mobile broadband markets - Key takeaways
Africa & Middle East highlights
Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a global context
Africa & Middle East’s main facts - 2019
Africa & Middle East’s demographics at a glance
Africa & Middle East in a global context
Section 2: Competitive dynamics
Major competitive changes in Africa & Middle East
Africa & Middle East’s main competitive market trends
MVNOs in Africa & Middle East
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends
Mobile user trends in Africa & Middle East
Mobile technology trends in Africa & Middle East
5G innovators: Turkey and Gulf countries in a leading position in AME
Mobile device trends in Africa & Middle East
M2M/IoT trends in Africa & Middle East
Mobile data traffic trends in Africa & Middle East
Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends
Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) trends in Africa & Middle East
Mobile revenue trends in Africa & Middle East
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2018-2023 (Millions)
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2018-2023 (US$Trillion)
Exhibit 3: Real GDP growth, 2012-2018
Exhibit 4: User penetration, 2019 (% of population)
Exhibit 5: Subscription penetration, 2019 (% of population)
Exhibit 6: Prepaid subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions
Exhibit 7: Monthly ARPU, 2019 (US$)
Exhibit 8: Data as a share of total ARPU, 2019 (% of ARPU)
Exhibit 9: Monthly voice MOU, 2019 (minutes/month)
Exhibit 10: MVNO subscriptions and share of total mobile subscriptions in AME, 2017-2023
Exhibit 11: Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in AME, 2018
Exhibit 12: Mobile user penetration vs. PPP-Adjusted GDP per capita, 2018
Exhibit 13: Mobile users, AME, 2018-2023 (Millions)
Exhibit 14: Mobile subscriptions and penetration in AME, 2018-2023
Exhibit 15: Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2018-2023
Exhibit 16: Top five markets in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total, 2023
Exhibit 17: Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2018- 2023 (Millions)
Exhibit 18: Net additions by device type, 2018 Vs 2023 (Millions)
Exhibit 19: Mobile handset subscriptions by type, 2018- 2023 (Millions)
Exhibit 20: Souq Egypt and Jumia Nigeria offers, 2019
Exhibit 21: M2M/IoT subscriptions and revenue, AME 2018-2023
Exhibit 22: Select examples of M2M/IoT Solutions by AME MNOs
Exhibit 23: Total mobile data traffic, AME, 2018-2023 (Pb)
Exhibit 24: Vodafone Turkey’s OTT app data pack, 2019
Exhibit 25: Mobile ARPU in AME
Exhibit 26: Cost of 1GB of data as % of the total monthly PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2018 (USD)
Exhibit 27: Mobile services revenue by device type
Exhibit 28: Fastest growing markets in terms of mobile services revenue
Worldwide Major Mobile Phone Vendor Performance, 4Q 2020 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1000View Report
MobileDemand LLC - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportMobileDemand LLC - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers theView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Mobile Infrastructure and Mobile Broadband Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Mobile Infrastructure and Mobile Broadband market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request