France: Country Intelligence Report
"France: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in France today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides a detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Frances telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from 33.4 billion (US$40.6 billion) in 2018 to 38.2 billion (US$46.5 billion) by 2023 at a CAGR of 2.7% in terms of (2.8% in US$) over 2018-2023, supported by growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Fixed broadband was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 7.2% in euros (7.3% in US$) over 2018-2023, reaching 12.9 billion (US$15.7 billion) by 2023, supported by growing consumption of online videos and social media applications on mobile devices in line with rising mobile internet subscriptions and expanding the 4G network. Frances pay-TV market will decline at a CAGR of 0.1% in euros (0.04% in US$) given the drop in DTH subscriptions and overall pay-TV ARPU.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in France.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in France will grow at a CAGR of 2.7% in terms of euros (2.8% in US$) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 54.7% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 period, driven by LTE coverage expansions from operators. We expect 5G to be commercially available in 2020.
- Orange France leads Frances mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by SFR, Bouygues Telecom, Free, and La Poste Mobile among others. The top four MNOs continue to focus on their LTE networks expansion/enhancement and also engage in 5G development to compete in the market.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Frances telecommunications markets, service providersm and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Frances mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Frances telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in France.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
France: Operator and Government Focus on Providing Ultra-Fast Speed Mobile and Fixed Broadband to Drive Market Growth
France: Operator and Government Focus on Providing Ultra-Fast Speed Mobile and Fixed Broadband to Drive Market Growth France: Operator and Government Focus on Providing Ultra-Fast Speed Mobile and Fixed Broadband toView Report
China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, withView Report
Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, withView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request