Cameroon: Country Intelligence Report
"Cameroon: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Cameroon today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Cameroons telecom services market will increase from $1bn in 2017 to an estimated $1.6bn by the end of 2022 at a CAGR of 10.2% over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 25.2% over 2017-2022, reaching $476m by 2022, driven by the steady rise in smartphone penetration, growing adoption of data cards and increases in 3G and 4G subscriptions. Going forward, Cameroons fixed market will be driven by broadband service revenue, which will increase at a CAGR of 15.5% to reach $89.4m by 2022 supported by ongoing deployment of a fiber-optic backbone network in the nation.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Cameroon.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Cameroon will grow at a CAGR of 10.2% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 85% of the total telecom service revenue in 2022, driven by the expansion of mobile broadband and adoption of 4G services across the country.
- Orange leads Cameroons mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by MTN, Nexttel and YooMee. All operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, particularly in the fast-growing 3G and 4G market, and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Cameroons telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Cameroons mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Cameroons telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Cameroon.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
Competitive landscape 21
MTN Cameroon 22
Orange Cameroon 23
Nexttel Cameroon 24
Additional resources 25
Baseline forecast assumptions 26
Data tables 27
Research methodology 31
About the authors 32
Country Intelligence Report coverage 33
About GlobalData 34
Cameroon: Country Intelligence Report Cameroon: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Cameroon today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Cameroon: Mobile Market to Fuel Overall Telecom Growth as Operators Focus on Network Expansion and VAS
Cameroon: Mobile Market to Fuel Overall Telecom Growth as Operators Focus on Network Expansion and VAS Cameroon: Mobile Market to Fuel Overall Telecom Growth as Operators Focus on Network Expansion andView Report
Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts ofView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request