Over-the-Top Video in Asia Pacific: Content and Pricing Strategies
"Over-the-Top Video in Asia Pacific: Content and Pricing Strategies", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the Over the Top (OTT) video market in Asia Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the OTT Video market, analyzing key trends on content offers, business models for content delivery and pricing strategies.
The OTT video market in Asia Pacific is highly competitive and features strong competition between regional players and international providers. OTT video service providers come in a variety of forms, including pay-TV operators, broadcasters, Internet distributors, online retailers, production studios, media companies, telecom operators and IT vendors.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: OTT Video Content Strategies; a look at OTT video market definition and types of OTT video providers. This section details OTT video best practices regarding content trends, content offers and content delivery formats.
- Section 2: OTT Video Pricing Strategies; an analysis on OTT video business models and pricing strategies for SVOD and TVOD;
- Section 3: Case studies; four case studies of leading Asia Pacific OTT video market players are presented in this section, showcasing their KPIs and growth strategy.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for Telecom operators, OTT video service providers and regulators.
- Most OTT platforms in APAC provide hybrid models, both in terms of revenue models (AVoD, SVoD and TVoD) as well as in terms of live versus video on demand content.
- Rising competition for content acquisition has increased content costs and driven many OTT players to invest in production of their own content.
- The rise of live streaming platforms is prominent in Asia. OTT video platforms that focus on providing a platform for live streams of both professional and amateur content creators in niche categories like gaming, fashion and makeup have gained success.
- The new content format has wide appeal among young viewers, while investors are encouraged by the potential for quicker returns compared to traditional OTT video due to relatively lower costs.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the OTT video business models for content delivery in the Asia Pacific market to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the OTT video market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the OTT video market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for Telecom operators, OTT video service providers and regulators.
- With more than 10 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the OTT video market, analyzing OTT video content trends and offers, business models for content delivery and pricing strategies.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: OTT Video Content Strategies 6
OTT video definition and market context 7
OTT video content best practices 8
Section 2: OTT Video Pricing Strategies 12
OTT video business models and pricing strategy 13
Section 3: Case Studies 17
V Live 19
Tencent Video 20
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 21
Key findings 22
OTT video content index 25
Companies mentioned 26
Acronyms and definitions 27
About the authors 28
Contact information 29
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Exhibit 1: Types of OTT video providers 7
Exhibit 2: OTT video providers in Asia Pacific by type, 2018 8
Exhibit 3: Select OTT video content trends, Asia Pacific, 2018 9
Exhibit 4: OTT video content offers, 2018 10
Exhibit 5: OTT video content delivery format, Asia Pacific, 2018 11
Exhibit 6: Pricing of SVoD OTT providers, 2018 13
Exhibit 7: Pricing of TVoD OTT providers, 2018 14
Exhibit 8: SVoD OTT video player positioning in Asia Pacific based on pricing and content strategy, 2018 15
Exhibit 9: SVoD OTT video player positioning in Asia Pacific based on pricing and content strategy, 2018* 16
Exhibit 10: OTT video content index composition 26
North America Over-The-Top Video Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The North America Over-The-Top Video market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USD byView Report
The global market size of Over-The-Top Video is $XX million in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million by the endView Report
The Pay TV and OTT video in emerging AsiaPacific: trends and forecasts 20192024 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 7999View Report
Film And Music Global Market Forecast To 2022 Including: Music Recording, Film And Video Record Production, Music Publishers, Record Distribution, Sound Recording Studios , Film And Video Production, Film And Video Distribution, Post-Production Services, Film And Video Theatres, Other Film And Video Industries Covering: Time Warner, Sony, CBS Corporation, Walt Disney, Twenty First Century Fox.
The film and music industry market consists of the revenues from the production and/or distribution of motion pictures, videos, television programs, or commercials, from the exhibition of motion pictures orView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request