Japan: Country Intelligence Report
"Japan: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by It, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Japans telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from $124.2billion in 2018 to $135.2billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 1.3% over 2018-2023. However, when valued in local currency, total maket revenue will decline marginally at a CAGR of 0.1% over the same period, reflecting appreciation of yen () against US$. Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 6.0% (4.6% in ) over 2018-2023, led by high smartphone penetration levels in the country and rise in mobile data ARPU over the period. Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 1.9% (0.5% in ) driven by a steady rise in FTTx subscriptions over the forecast period. Moreover, deployment of G.fast technology by operators like KDDI will improve connection speeds over existing copper lines. Japans pay-TV revenue will grow at a 2.0% CAGR (0.7% in ) over 2018-2023 driven by growing adoption of cable as well as IPTV subscriptions and operator investments in HD/UHD content technologies.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services market revenue in Japan will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% in US$ but decline marginally at a CAGR of 0.1% in local currency during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 57.1% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, mainly driven by projected addition of 5G subscriptions from 2019.
- NTT Docomo leads Japans mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by KDDI and SoftBank Japan. All the operators compete on the basis of competitive data centric offers, robust loyalty and reward program and also focuses on 5G development efforts.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Japan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Japans telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Its Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Japans mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Japans telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Japan.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Japan: Country Intelligence Report Japan: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by It, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today,View Report
Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Turkey Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecastsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request