Virtual and Augmented Reality (VRAR): Market Opportunity, Emerging Ecosystem and Leading Use Cases
The "Virtual and Augmented Reality (VRAR): Market Opportunity, Emerging Ecosystem and Leading Use Cases", a thematic research report by GlobalData, examines the current state and outlook of the VRAR markets, emerging use cases as well as the evolution of the provider ecosystem. Driven largely by massive investments from the worlds leading technology competitors including Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Sony, the technology has become accessible to both consumers and businesses. Still, the adoption and usage of VRAR is minimal, and the penetration of VRAR headsets is extremely low. In this report, we explore growth drivers and key trends shaping the global VRAR market and identify leading use cases across consumer and business markets.
Development of the virtual reality and augmented reality (VRAR) markets turned the corner in 2016-2017, fuelled largely by an infusion of capital from leading tech companies and other investors. Despite robust momentum on the supply side, the VRAR market is still nascent, with the penetration of VRAR headsets very low relative to other computing devices. Consequently, leading players are focused on evolving the technology toward more friendly, wireless form factors, boosting device affordability and improving the user experience. The creation of a seamless solutions and apps ecosystem is key to VRAR market expansion. Now their focus is to develop compelling content offerings to drive users to their proprietary or open source platforms. As a result, VRAR applications are emerging across the industry to address a variety of use cases. The universe of potential VRAR apps is nearly limitless, from pure entertainment (gaming) to business productivity (virtual collaboration), all the way to life-saving tools (disease diagnosis and treatment). The market shift is creating opportunities for Telcos and other technology players in VRAR content creation, as well as content platforms and services.
The report is structured as follows -
- Section 1: The global VRAR market. This section provides an overview of the revenue opportunity, growth drivers and key trends shaping the global VRAR market, such as the increasing emphasis on device mobility and affordability, and the proliferation of VRAR solutions for Enterprise engineering, sales, operations and productivity.
- Section 2: The VRAR ecosystem. This section examines the VRAR ecosystem with a focus on headset and platform providers, and key use case applications showing potential in the near term.
- Section 3: Findings and recommendations. We conclude the report with a Summary of VRAR market and ecosystem dynamics and opportunities for telcos in VRAR.
Some of the findings of the report include -
- The nascent VRAR market is fueled by large investments from technology players and the need for businesses to digitalize operations, combined with growth of the digital-first population. Early industry entrants face the typical challenges of new technology businesses, namely procuring device usability, overcoming user barriers, attracting content developers and identifying effective business models.
- Despite the strong momentum seen on the supply side, both the VR and the AR markets are still in the early growth stages. Adoption and usage of VRAR by consumers is still minimal, and the penetration of VRAR headsets is extremely low relative to other computing devices, such as smartphones and gaming consoles.
- The emerging VRAR solutions ecosystem is being shaped by six key trends and six leading device/platform providers. The industry is seeing early successes in leisure/entertainment, medicine, advertising, commerce, education and manufacturing, among other segments. Enterprises and public service organizations such as hospitals are testing VRAR applications as a means to improve service delivery and reduce costs.
- Telco stakes in the future of VRAR go beyond broadband connectivity. Participation in various segments of the VRAR solutions value chain can help Telcos accelerate 5G monetization to offset the huge impact that VRAR services will have on network traffic.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides an examination of the current state and outlook of the VRAR markets, emerging use cases as well as the evolution of the provider ecosystem.
- The report highlights VRAR market trends and opportunities or emerging applications across industries along with use cases which can help service providers to identify target markets and create new revenue streams.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities for VRAR, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos.
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 6
Introduction: Report scope and market taxonomy 7
Report scope 8
Market taxonomy 9
Section 1: The global VRAR market 13
State of the market 14
Market opportunity 15
Growth drivers and inhibitors 19
Six trends to watch 22
Section 2: The VRAR ecosystem 29
Solutions landscape 30
Leading ecosystem competitors 31
Leading use cases and applications 39
Section 3: Findings and recommendations 43
Companies mentioned 47
About the authors 48
GlobalData contact information 49
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Exhibit 1: Report scope 8
Exhibit 2: The reality continuum 9
Exhibit 3: Definitions of alternate realities 10
Exhibit 4: Mixed and augmented reality components 11
Exhibit 5: Core elements of virtual reality solutions 12
Exhibit 6: Current state, virtual vs. augmented reality 14
Exhibit 7: Global VRAR revenue, 2017 15
Exhibit 8: VRAR revenue forecast, 2015 - 2020 16
Exhibit 9: VRAR revenue by vertical segment, 2025 17
Exhibit 10: VRAR disruption potential over smartphones 18
Exhibit 11: Driving forces behind VRAR growth 19
Exhibit 12: Selected VRAR investments by tech players 20
Exhibit 13: Hurdles faced by VRAR market participants 21
Exhibit 14: Key trends to watch in VRAR 22
Exhibit 15: VR headset price cuts 23
Exhibit 16: VR content and software revenue 24
Exhibit 17: Recent announcements, VR headsets 25
Exhibit 18: Leading VR gaming platforms 26
Exhibit 19: BMWs VR retail applications 27
Exhibit 20: VRAR investment plans, telcos 28
Exhibit 21: Key solutions in VR and AR/MR realities 30
Exhibit 22: Players leading VRAR 31
Exhibit 23: Googles Daydream platform partners 32
Exhibit 24: Facebooks VR product lineup 33
Exhibit 25: Samsungs VRAR product lineup 34
Exhibit 26: HTCs main VRAR revenue streams 35
Exhibit 27: Selected Microsoft VRAR developments 36
Exhibit 28: Sonys top VR videogames 37
Exhibit 29: Selected Apple ARKit applications 38
Exhibit 30: VRAR use cases and applications by type 39
Exhibit 31: Leading leisure applications for VRAR 40
Exhibit 32: Leading VRAR use cases for business 41
Exhibit 33: Life enhancing applications for VRAR 42
The COVID-19: aligning 5G investment with virtualisation will accelerate spending recovery market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 499View Report
Consumer 5G use cases: operator strategies for virtual reality video market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4999View Report
Europe Virtual And Remote Laboratories Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Europe Virtual And Remote Laboratories market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USDView Report
North America Virtual And Remote Laboratories Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The North America Virtual And Remote Laboratories market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX millionView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request