A.I. (Vol. III): Machine Learning - Global Thematic Research
Machine learning is an artificial intelligence (AI) technology which allows machines to learn by using algorithms to interpret data from connected things to predict outcomes and learn from successes and failures.
There are many other AI technologies - from image recognition to natural language processing, gesture control, context awareness and predictive APIs - but machine learning is where most of the investment communitys funding has flowed in recent years. It is also the technology most likely to allow machines to ultimately surpass the intelligence levels of humans. Many companies, like Alphabet, have already become AI-first companies, with machine learning at their core. At the same time, many ML techniques are getting commoditised by being open sourced and pre-packaged into developer toolkits that anyone can use. This means that the time taken for Alibaba and Baidu to catch-up with Alphabet and Microsoft will be minimal.
Inside this report, we look at the key players impacted by this theme, drilling down into the value chain and identifying winners and losers.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Ten key AI technologies
History of machine learning
How does deep learning work?
Use case trends
Optimised networking equipment
High end processors
Master data management
Developer tools (APIs and SDKs)
Software with embedded AI
AI and ML likely to become widespread because too much is open sourced
AI and ML are transforming the semiconductors market
Privately held companies
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
A.I. (Vol. III): Machine Learning - Global Thematic ResearchMachine learning is an artificial intelligence (AI) technology which allows machines to learn by using algorithms to interpret data from connected thingsView Report
Internet TV (Vol. III): Disney, underweight TV broadcasting sector vulnerable - Global Thematic Research
Internet TV (Vol. III): Disney, underweight TV broadcasting sector vulnerable - Global Thematic ResearchIn 2016, Disney generated 43% of revenues from TV networks, 30% from theme parks, 17% from filmView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request