Internet TV (Vol. III): Disney, underweight TV broadcasting sector vulnerable - Global Thematic Research
In 2016, Disney generated 43% of revenues from TV networks, 30% from theme parks, 17% from film studios and 10% from consumer products. TV networks generated 50% of Disneys operating profits.
Whilst Disneys film studios business is likely to benefit from the Internet TV theme, its TV networks business will be a big loser, seeing both Pay-TV revenues and TV advertising revenues fall faster than analysts expect.
Disney has a strategy to deal with the threat of Internet TV technology. But its in-house video streaming service, to be launched in 2019, is too little too late.
Inside this report, we look at the key themes driving Disneys TV networks business, drilling down into the value chain of TV and identifying top technologies driving music, film and TV.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
TV VALUE CHAIN
Distribution and transmission systems
MUSIC, FILM AND TV SECTOR SCORECARD
Whos who in music, film and TV sector
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Report ScopeThis report provides an in-depth analysis of the North American Internet of Things (IoT) security markets and its segments, including solution, type, end-user application and country. It discusses theView Report
Report ScopeThis report analyzes the market for third-party commercialized IoT software platforms and discusses how the IoT technology market will evolve as well as the trends impacting its adoption. PlatformsView Report
The global market size of Internet TV Boxes is $XX million in 2017 with XX CAGR from 2013 to 2017, and it is expected to reach $XX million by theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request