Data Centers - Global Thematic Research
Cloud computing, machine learning, augmented reality, internet TV, the Internet of Things, robotics, cryptocurrencies, voice, blockchain and cybersecurity. These are the big investment themes of tomorrow and they all have one thing in common: they generate huge amount of data.
Cisco estimates that the world generates 122 exabytes of internet data traffic per month. This data traffic is growing at 24% per annum and 82% of it is consumer generated. Most of this data traffic could be monetised via a rapidly growing band of hyperscale, internet-facing data centers around the world.
Inside this report, we look at the key players impacted by this theme, drilling down into the value chain and identifying winners and losers.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Industry growth drivers
The Internet of Things, the cloud and AI are driving growth in the data center industry
The mobile revolution is spreading all the way up to the data center
Optimising latency is the biggest challenge facing hyperscale data centers
The fireworks are largely at the software level
Software defined networking could turn the networking industry upside down
Mergers and acquisitions
Winners and Losers
Servers and storage
Data center operators
Networking equipment sector scorecard
Whos who in the servers, storage and networking equipment sector
Internet infrastructure software sector scorecard
Whos who in the internet infrastructure software sector
Semiconductor sector scorecard
Whos who in the semiconductor sector
A brief history of networking
The OSI Model
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Global Data Virtualization Market Size study, by Type (Standalone Software, Data Integration Software, Application Tool Solution), by End User (BFSI, IT & Telecommunication, Energy & Utilities, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Others) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global Data Virtualization Market to reach USD 7.4 billion by 2025.Global Data Virtualization Market valued approximately USD 1.3 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthy growth rateView Report
Global Data Quality Tools Market Size study, by Type (On-Premises, Cloud), by Application (Enterprise, Government) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global Data Quality Tools Market to reach USD 2655 million by 2025.Global Data Quality Tools Market valued approximately USD 720 million in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthyView Report
Data Centers and Utilities - Thematic ResearchCloud computing, machine learning, augmented reality, internet TV, the Internet of Things, robotics, cryptocurrencies, voice, blockchain and cybersecurity. These are the big investment themesView Report
Middle East and Africa Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Market (2018-2024): Market Forecast By KVA Rating (Below 1.1 KVA, 1.1 KVA - 5 KVA, 5.1 KVA - 20 KV, 20.1 KVA - 50 KVA, 50.1 KVA - 200 KVA and Above 200 KVA), By Applications (Commercial (Education, Offices, Healthcare, Hospitality, BFSI, Data Centers and Others including Retail, Government Buildings and Transportation Infrastructure), Industrial and Residential)), By Countries (Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Jordon, Lebanon, Qatar and Kuwait), Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Algeria, Morocco, Ghana and Kenya)) and Competitive Landscape
Growing investment in commercial sector with several ambitious government visions such as Saudi Vision 2030, Turkey Vision 2023 as well as South Africa Vision 2030 would drive significant development activities,View Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request