Generation Hashtag - Global Thematic Research
Millennials were digital as defined by the discrete electronic tasks they performed on laptops, iPods or mobile handsets. Generation Hashtag, by contrast, is born digital. Generation Hashtag has never seen a world without the Internet.
They were born into smartphones, social media and the sharing economy. They are technology reliant, hyper-aware and extremely demanding. They are the first generation not to have to read or typed using a computer. For them, it is a world of touch screens filled with constellations of online apps.
Inside this report we look at the trends, industrial analysis, investment implications and indentify winners and losers.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
UNDERSTANDING THE GENERATIONAL DIFFERENCES
THE ASCENDANCY OF GENERATION HASHTAG
The vast majority of Millennials have yet to enter the digital world
The younger Millennials are part of Generation Hashtag
Generation Hashtag is the global precariat
Generation Hashtag thinks and acts differently
Generation Hashtag is expected to be a bigger investment theme in India than in China
Impact on the media sector
Impact on the smartphone sector
Impact on the semiconductor sector
COMPANY WATCH LIST
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
ICT Investment Trends in the US - Next generation technology options is driving US ICT investments ICT Investment Trends in the US , a Customer Insight Survey report, is one of theView Report
DESCRIPTION Without a sharp reduction in operating costs, the 5G business case will be hard to make. Mobile network opex has been stubbornly resistant to reduction in recent years, but it isView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request