Semiconductors In The Age of AI - Global Thematic Research
After transitioning from mainframes to PCs to servers to Cloud-based data centers, computing is about to make another transition: Artificial intelligence (AI) is the next computing wave. As demand for chips from the PC and smartphone industry subsides, demand for high-end processors to power AI-based platforms such as voice interfaces, robots, augmented reality, driverless cars, smart homes and advanced cybersecurity systems are expected to rise.
This new semiconductor industry is led by Microsoft, Google, Apple and Huawei. They increasingly tell their merchant suppliers what chips to make or do it better themselves, building custom, algorithmic chips and creating their own AI supercomputers in the Cloud.
In this report, we looks at the changing direction of the semiconductor sector as it prepares itself for a world set to be dominated by artificial intelligence.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Trends in AI chips
Wider trends across the chip sector
HOW THE CHIP INDUSTRY COULD ADAPT IN THE ERA OF AI
AI computing opens up a new growth market for chips
The two critical components of any successful AI engine
Component : AI chips
Component : Neural nets
Microsoft is the unexpected game changer
Which players are big in which markets?
Mergers and acquisitions
SEMICONDUCTOR SECTOR SCORECARD
Whos who in scorecard
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Semiconductors Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Semiconductors market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, this reportView Report
Semiconductors in United StatesSemiconductors in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also containsView Report
2022-2026 Global Blood Banking Analyzers and Reagents—Transfusion Market in the US, Europe and Japan--Competitive Shares and Growth Strategies, Volume and Sales Segment Forecasts for 40 Immunohematology and NAT Assays, Latest Technologies and Instrumentation Pipeline, Emerging Opportunities for Suppliers
The report is available by geographic region, country, market segment, test category, section, and individual assay.The report is available by section, and can be customized to specific information needs andView Report
2022-2026 North America Blood Banking Analyzers and Reagents—Transfusion Market in the US, Canada and Mexico--Competitive Shares and Growth Strategies, Volume and Sales Segment Forecasts for 40 Immunohematology and NAT Assays, Latest Technologies and Instrumentation Pipeline, Emerging Opportunities for Suppliers
This new 3-country report from LeadingMarketResearch.com is available by country, market segment, section, or individual test.The report is available by section, and can be customized to specific information needs andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request