Social Media Sector Scorecard - Global Thematic Research
Technology themes: artificial intelligence, voice, monetisation models, virtual & augmented reality, money transfer services, crowdfunding, news curation, workplace social networks, gaming, internet TV and cybersecurity.
Macro-economic themes: the splinternet, the sharing economy, the gig economy, Generation Hashtag, fake news, online dating, the Trump factor, M&A and investor sentiment in the sector.
Regulatory themes: net neutrality, data privacy, Brexit, tax avoidance and various regulatory edicts across the world.
In this report, we look at the key investment themes that will impact the social media sector worldwide, identifying winners and losers.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalDatas thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Sector Scorecard, which aims to identify overall winners and losers in a sector based on all themes impacting that specific sector. Live scorecards for each of our 18 sectors are available on our client portal.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
How has the social media sector performed against the broader TMT space?
How have individual social media companies performed?
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
In 2021, the global social-emotional learning market stood at USD 1,848 million. Recording a CAGR of 20.3% from 2022 to 2028, the worth is projected to reach ~USD 6,756 millionView Report
Social Sustainability - Thematic ResearchAcross all economic sectors and geographic areas, companies face increasing pressure to adopt more socially sustainable practices. This pressure is coming from multiple sources and directions,View Report
Social Media and Sport - Thematic ResearchAn analysis of the current state of play with social media platforms, and how sport has interwoven its way into some of the worldsView Report
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in emerging Asia–Pacific
This report focuses on aspects of our Connected Consumer Survey that relate to respondents' usage of OTT communication services in emerging AsiaPacific. market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1499View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request