Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report
Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report
"Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kuwait today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Kuwait’s total telecom services market will grow from $2.3bn in 2017 to an estimated $3.4bn in 2022 at a CAGR of 8% mainly driven by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice was the largest revenue contributor to the total telecom services market in 2017, but its revenue will decline at a CAGR of 1.3% over the forecast period. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 18.4% led by steady rise in smartphone penetration, growing adoption of connected devices, increase in 4G adoption and rising mobile data usage. Fixed broadband revenue will grow the fastest, at a CAGR of 23.8% over 2017-2022 with increasing adoption of FTTH and fixed wireless services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Kuwait.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Kuwait will grow at a CAGR of 8.0% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue accounted for 84.8% of total service revenue in 2017, supported by increasing adoption of 4G services and data-centric mobile plans.
- Zain Kuwait led the country’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Viva Kuwait and Ooredoo Kuwait.
- In the fixed broadband market, KEMS/Zajil, FASTtelco and Mada were the top three players in 2017. We expect FASTtelco to closely challenge KEMS/Zajil over the forecast period.
- The countrys strategic development plan "New Kuwait 2035" will open further opportunities for operators and technology vendors in smart services and digital transformation solutions.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kuwait’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kuwait’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kuwait’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kuwait.
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 22
Competitive landscape 23
Market share overview 24
Zain Kuwait 25
Ooredoo Kuwait 26
Viva Kuwait 27
Additional resources 28
Baseline forecast assumptions 29
Data tables 30
Research methodology 34
About the author 35
Country Intelligence Report coverage 36
About GlobalData 37
Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report Kuwait: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kuwait today, withView Report
Venezuela: Country Intelligence Report Venezuela: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by It, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Venezuela today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request