Italy: Country Intelligence Report
"Italy: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides a detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Italy reached 25.5 billion (US$30.5 billion) in 2018. It will decline marginally at a CAGR of 0.3% in terms of (0.2% in US$) over 2018-2023 to reach 25.1 billion (US$30.1 billion) by 2023, due to a drastic decline in fixed and mobile voice revenues, which will be offset the growth in fixed broadband, mobile data and pay-TV revenues. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3.9% in terms of (4.0% in US$) mainly led by rising mobile internet subscriptions and increasing mobile data ARPU. The widespread availability of 4G services, expected launch of 5G services in 2020 will further drive mobile data revenue over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Italy will decline at a CAGR of 0.3% in euros (0.2% in terms of US$) over 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 55.1% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, driven by rising data consumption and anticipated launch of 5G in 2020.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 period, driven by LTE network upgrades. We expect 5G to be commercially available in 2020.
- TIM Italy leads Italys mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Vodafone Italy, Wind Tre and others. The MNOs continue to focus on upgrading their LTE networks and the deployment of 5G networks.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Italys telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Italys mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Italys telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Italy: Country Intelligence Report Italy: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicatorsView Report
China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, withView Report
Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, withView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request