ICT Investment Trends in Manufacturing: Manufacturers look to establish radical change by adopting digitalization
"ICT Investment Trends in Manufacturing", report presents the findings from a survey of 178 manufacturers regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how manufacturers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by media companies. Through GlobalDatas survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to manufacturers. The report focuses on manufacturing companies ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the primary objectives of various systems components.
Factors such as global economic growth that is expected to be balanced in the near term and remain down over the mid-term along with supportive monetary policies is allowing manufacturing sector to increase their output. Additionally, intense competition in this sector has pushed manufacturers to adopt next generation disruptive technologies in order to improve their operational processes and reduce cost.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions manufacturers are interested in outsourcing
- Manufacturers investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing manufacturers investments in each technology category
- How manufacturers IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Manufacturers distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into manufacturers preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that manufacturers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing manufacturers decisions to select an ICT provider
- Manufacturers are also prioritizing their investment on core technology areas such as enterprise applications, security products, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing.
- Furthermore, infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and public cloud garner moderate portion of cloud computing budgets, while software as a service (SaaS) and private cloud form the highest proportion of the cloud computing budget.
- Likewise, the business objectives of increase customer satisfaction and organizational restructuring are considered important, as manufacturers look to retain customers and gain an edge over their competitors.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the manufacturers ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by manufacturers in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of manufacturers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing manufacturers decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that manufacturers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies.
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology
Sector specific trends
IT expenditure plans for specific technology areas
Technology areas receiving the largest investment
TMT Predictions 2019 - Thematic ResearchIn this report, we look at the big themes for 2019 across the technology, media and telecoms (TMT) industry, identifying winners and losers for eachView Report
Global Healthcare analytics Market Size study, by type (Prescriptive, Descriptive, Predictive) Delivery mode (On-premise, Web-based, cloud-based), Component (software, hardware and services), Application (clinical, financial and operational and administrative), End-users (Healthcare Payers, Healthcare Providers and Other end-users) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global healthcare analytics market to reach USD 293.3 billion by 2025.Global Healthcare analytics Market valued approximately USD 8.8 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthy growth rateView Report
Wind Power in Republic of Korea, Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2019 - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles
Wind Power in Republic of Korea, Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2019 - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles Wind Power in Republic ofView Report
Power Monthly Deal Analysis - February 2019: M&A and Investment TrendsThe Power Monthly Deal Analysis - February 2019: M&A and Investment Trends report is an essential source of data andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request