Oman: Country Intelligence Report
"Oman: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecommunications revenue will grow from $2.0bn in 2017 to $2.8bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 6.8% over 2017-2022, mainly driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband revenue. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will also expand the fastest with a CAGR of 19.2% over 2017-2022 reaching $1.3bn by the end of 2022, driven by rising smartphone penetration, growing 4G subscriptions and increasing adoption of higher-value bundled postpaid offers. The fixed broadband segment will grow from an estimated $372.0m in 2017 to $621.4m by 2022 at a CAGR of 10.8%, driven by expansion of fiber-optic networks by state-owned OBC and increase in coverage of FTTH services by operators Omantel and Ooredoo.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Oman.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Oman will grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile data revenue will account for 44.5% of total telecom service revenue in 2022, driven by rising adoption of 4G services.
- Omantel Oman leads Omans mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Ooredoo Oman.
- Omantel will maintain its leadership in the mobile services market through the forecast period banking on its extensive 4G coverage and its bundled postpaid plans.
- Omantel will also maintain its leadership in the fixed market focusing on its VoIP and fixed broadband services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Omans telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Omans mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Omans telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Oman.
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 22
Competitive landscape 23
Additional resources 27
Baseline forecast assumptions 28
Data tables 29
Research methodology 33
About the authors 34
Country Intelligence Report coverage 35
About GlobalData 36
Oman: Country Intelligence Report Oman: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Oman today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts ofView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request