Singapore: Country Intelligence Report
"Singapore: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Singapore today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Singapores telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated $5.1 bn (SGD7.1bn) in 2017 to $5.4bn (SGD 7.3bn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 1.2% (0.5% in SGD) over 2017-2022. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will be the fastest growing segment (CAGR 12.0% in USD (11.3% in SGD) over 2017-2022 reaching $1.9 bn (SGD2.5bn) by 2022 driven by recent spectrum allocations in 700 MHz, 900 MHz and 2.5GHz band frequencies, and 4G LTE/LTE-A network enhancements by MNOs that will help expand high-speed wireless broadband network in the nation, driving higher data consumption and spending per user. Going forward, Singapores pay-TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% in USD (4.0% in SGD) due to growing adoption of IPTV services in the nation.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Singapore.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom and pay-TV services market revenue in Singapore will grow at a CAGR of 1.2% (0.5% in SGD) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 64.3% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by continued rise in adoption of LTE/LTE-A services and projected addition of 5G subscriptions from 2020.
- Singtel leads Singapores mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by StarHub Singapore and M1. All the operators compete on the basis of 4G/LTE network enhancements and 5G development.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Singapores telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Singapores mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Singapores telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Singapore.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 0
Mobile services market
Fixed services market 0
Pay-TV services market 4
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 5
Competitive landscape 6
Additional resources 3
Baseline forecast assumptions 3
Data tables 33
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 4
ICT Investment Trends in Singapore: New ICT reforms driving investments in technologyThe restructuring and stabilization of the Singaporean economy is indicative of various forms of technology investments enterprises are likelyView Report
Singapore: Country Intelligence Report Singapore: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Singapore today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, withView Report
Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, withView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request