Qatar: Country Intelligence Report
"Qatar: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Qatar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Qatars telecom and pay-TV services market will reach $3.2 billion by 2023, driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018, while mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 14.3% over 2018-2023, driven by growing mobile Internet subscriptions, particularly over smartphones and the rising adoption of 4G services. Commercial mobile 5G services are expected to be available in 2019. Qatars pay-TV market will grow at a CAGR of 3.2% led by rising DTH and projected growth in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Qatar.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Qatar will grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 73.9% of the total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2023, driven by increasing usage of 4G services supported by operators data-heavy mobile bundles and projected growth in 5G subscriptions.
- Ooredoo Qatar will lead the countrys mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions in 2018, followed by Vodafone Qatar. Both operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, and competitively-priced plans to strengthen their market position.
- DTH will remain the leading pay-TV platform in Qatar with its share in total subscriptions reaching 53% in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Qatars telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying The Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Qatars mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to get up to speed quickly with the current and emerging trends in Qatars telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Qatar.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Ooredoo Qatar 28
Vodafone Qatar 29
Additional resources 30
Baseline forecast assumptions 31
Data tables 32
Research methodology 37
Country Intelligence Report coverage 38
About GlobalData 39
Qatar: Country Intelligence Report Qatar: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Qatar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators upView Report
Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report Costa Rica: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts ofView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request