Industry 4.0 - Billed as the fourth industrial revolution, factories are changing
Industry 4.0 technology has been billed as being the fourth industrial revolution the last being the digital revolution. Companies operating factories and warehouses are faced with an aging population and pressing need to improve productivity. Dubbed by German giant Siemens as game changing technology, how production lines are organized and how the human staff work is experiencing rapid development. To keep pace with consumer demands for ever greater choice, production systems have become exceptionally complex. New developments aim to simplify matters, improving margins and the ability of companies to provide choice. The influence of autonomous robotic technology is set to take a leap forward in how whole industries are run.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the 4th industrial revolution?
- What developments are driving this change?
- What industries are adopting and building the new technology?
- Learn what is the 4th industrial revolution and how it might change our world.
- Examine the new waves of automation processes that are building the factories of the future.
- Learn who are the biggest players likely to benefit from this burgeoning industrial progress.
Reasons to buy
- Large companies in industries such as automotive manufacturing have traditionally been at the forefront of utilizing technology to improve productivity. Henry Ford famously introduced the moving production line; major Japanese companies introduced robotic technology, speeding up production dramatically.
- The consensus among major car manufacturers is efficiency savings can be found in production facilities if the speed at which components are moved around increases indeed, sped up to the extent component parts are ready before any delay occurs because of predictive technology.
- An aging workforce poses serious challenges for mature economies such as that in Germany. Large companies must find ways of increasing productivity despite the average age of employees rising. Smart technology and autonomous robotics are changing the role of the person in the production process. Again, the automotive manufacturing industry has been central to nascent developments.
Industry 4.0: billed as the fourth industrial revolution, factories are changing 2
Industry 4.0: Billed as the fourth industrial revolution, factories are changing 6
Autonomous technology forecast to achieve large gains in efficiency 6
Embracing industry 4.0, Audi introduces the automotive factory of the future at Ingolstadt 7
Advancement in high-tech material production driven by industry 4.0 improves production, reducing costs 8
Production line of the future sees workforce and technology working together closely 9
New robotic technology works alongside people on production lines in car manufacturing 10
New robotic technology is changing how humans interact with the movement of items in logistics 11
Robotic technology of the future will be worn by workers, helping them perform physical tasks 12
Further Reading 15
Ask the analyst 15
About MarketLine 15
List Of Tables
Table 1: Estimated Unit sales of Co-bots 2012-2015 10
List Of Figures
Figure 1: BMW Autonomous Robot 6
Figure 2: BMW Group, number of cars sold 2008-2016 (millions) 7
Figure 3: Audi Ray robot artists impression 8
Figure 4: Baxter robot, Rethink Robotics 9
Figure 5: Number of robots used by Amazon (thousands) 11
Figure 6: Amazon Robot moving goods in warehouse 12
Figure 7: Panasonic exoskeleton 13
US Healthcare Advertising Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024
The US healthcare advertising market was worth US$ 66 Billion in 2018. Healthcare advertising is increasingly becoming important in the United States to create awareness about various diseases and healthView Report
Game-Based Learning Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024
The global game-based learning market was worth around US$ 2.4 Billion in 2018. Game-based learning aims to motivate students and capture their interest by using video game design and elementsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request