Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth
"Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth" a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2016, Peru generated telecom service revenue of $4.3bn (equivalent to 2.2% of nominal GDP), a decline of 1.8% since 2015, due to depreciation of local currency against the US dollar. However, in local currency it increased by 4.1% over 2015. The mobile market continues to be the largest contributor to total market revenue, accounting for more than 65% of overall telecom revenue in 2016.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Peru compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Peru.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Peru will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021.
- Growth will be driven by Internet services, in particular mobile data services revenue, as a result of increasing adoption of mobile data services supported by 3G and 4G network expansion and the availability of affordable bundled data packages.
- Operators are focusing on 4G network expansions and affordable consumer-centric mobile data offerings to compete in the Peruvian telecom market.
- The Peruvian pay-TV market will gradually take up, providing ample opportunities for operators to grow their subscriber base, particularly for those offering exclusive content and services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Perus mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Peru.
Executive summary 4
Market and competitor overview
Regional context 6
Economic, demographic and political context 7
Regulatory environment 8
Demand profile 16
Service evolution 18
Competitive landscape 19
Major market players 20
Mobile services 24
Fixed services 28
Pay-TV services 32
Opportunities in the market 34
About the authors 35
Country Intelligence Report coverage 36
Peru: Country Intelligence Report Peru: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Central African Republic: Expansion of 2G/3G Coverage, Rising Mobile Data Adoption and Improvement in Broadband Connectivity to Fuel Telecom Growth
Central African Republic: Expansion of 2G/3G Coverage, Rising Mobile Data Adoption and Improvement in Broadband Connectivity to Fuel Telecom Growth Central African Republic: Expansion of 2G/3G Coverage, Rising Mobile Data AdoptionView Report
The telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea is estimated to have reached $84m in service revenue in 2016. The telecom services revenue in Equatorial Guinea is estimated to grow at aView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request