Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report
Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report
"Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nicaragua today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV revenues in Nicaragua, when valued in US$, will fall from US$710.3 million in 2018 to US$660.2 million by 2023 at a 1.5% CAGR. However, this decline is only indicative of the impact of currency depreciation on its value. In local currency, the market value is set to grow at a decent CAGR of 3.5% from NIO22.2 million in 2018 to NIO26.3 billion by 2023, supported by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data revenue will be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 8.6% in US$ (14.1% in NIO) over 2018-2023, driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions, particularly over smartphones and rising adoption of 4G services with higher ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will grow at a 2.1% CAGR (7.2% in NIO) over 2018-2023 led by growth in DSL, cable subscription and increasing FTTx adoption. Pay-TV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.6% in US$ (10.9% in NIO) led by subscription growth across all technology platforms, including cable, DTH, and IPTV.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nicaragua will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% in terms of NIO (decline at a CAGR of 1.5% in terms of $) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 51.7% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, mainly driven by projected adoption of 3G and 4G services.
- Movistar and Claro dominates the mobile service market with subscription share of 53% and 46.6% respectively, while, Xinwei accounted just 0.4% share as of 2018.
- The rollout of a national fiber-optic network, backed by international organizations, will drive access to fixed broadband in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Nicaragua.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Nicaragua’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Nicaragua’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Nicaragua’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nicaragua.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report Nicaragua: Country Intelligence Report , a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nicaragua today, with detailed forecasts of keyView Report
Guatemala Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportGuatemala Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guatemala today, withView Report
South Africa Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportSouth Africa: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in South Africa today,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request