Amcor Plc - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Amcor Plc (Amcor) is a provider of packaging solutions. It offers plastic, fiber, metal, and glass packaging products such as pet bottles, plastic bottles and jars, capsules and closures, specialty folding cartons, free films, bags and pouches, wrappers, rigid containers, laminates, and flow packs. The companys products find application in various industries such as food and beverage, including spirits and wine, confectionery, fresh produce, pet food, coffee, and dairy packaging. It also serves medical device, healthcare, pharmaceutical, personal care, and home product markets. The company has a presence in Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and Oceania. Amcor is headquartered in Warmley, Bristol, the UK.
Amcors large-scale operation mainly depends on accurate and latest data, including the data shared by its third-party logistics (3PL) partner, Airpod that provides warehousing and distribution services for the companys Australian southern region operations, to efficiently meet delivery schedules. However, the data coming from Amcors ERP and 3PLs warehouse management system were processed manually and involved human error causing disruption in the supply chain and delay in client orders.
As a part of its strategy to automate and optimize its daily operations, Amcor sought for seamless data integration, sharing and analysis. To address this, the company deployed Boomis, a Dell unit, integration platform-as-a-services (iPaaS) platform, which helped in strengthening Amcors supply chain by aligning and integrating its data with that of 3PLs.
The report provides information and insights into Amcor tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- In 2019, Amcor joined the MassChallenge Switzerland, a part of MassChallenges global network of zero-equity start-up accelerator. Through this innovation partnership Amcor aims to identify and support start-up companies working in the area of sustainability and packaging.
- In 2021, Amcor partnered with GEP, a provider of procurement and supply chain strategy, software and managed services to use GEP SMARTs Spend Analysis Software to analyze and discover savings opportunities across Asia-Pacific region to attain profitability, promote growth and reduce risks.
- In September 2020, Amcor joined the AIM, the European Brands Association led HolyGrail 2.0, a digital watermarks initiative to pilot the use of digital watermarks on packaging for identification and sorting during the recycling process. The cameras installed on the sorting lines capture the digital watermark and accurately sort the packages into correct waste streams.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Amcors tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies.
Digital Transformation Strategy
Accelerator Program and Innovation Centers
Partner Network Map
ICT Budget & Contracts
Amcor Plc - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem SeriesAmcor Plc (Amcor) is a provider of packaging solutions. It offers plastic, fiber, metal, and glass packaging products such as pet bottles, plastic bottlesView Report
Amcor Plc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportAmcor Plc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers theView Report
ADES International Holding Plc - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis,View Report
Cimpress Plc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportCimpress Plc - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request