Middle East and Africa Mobile Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities to 2026
Middle East and Africa Mobile Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities to 2026, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in AME. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
There are stark differences in the AME regions mobile broadband market between Sub-Saharan Africa and the MENA region with the MENA region being more advanced.
Governments and regulators are working in tandem to drive and develop mobile broadband infrastructure and adoption, especially regarding 4G and 5G. The launch and development of 5G networks, primarily in MENA, and the expansion of 4G networks throughout AME will create opportunities for operators to generate new revenue streams and advance digitalization efforts.
New MNOs and MVNOs in the region create more competitive dynamics in the mobile market. The expected entry of new MVNOs will create opportunities for MNOs to host MVNO networks.
The M2M/IoT market is growing rapidly in the region with growth being driven by emerging smart opportunities in verticals such as asset management, fleet tracking, remote monitoring, and mobile payments.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: AME in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of AMEs macro-economic KPIs, mobile telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the mobile broadband markets in AME over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidations, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Mobile Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of mobile broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Mobile Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2021-2026.
- Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for AMEs mobile broadband market.
- Mobile subscriptions penetration of the population in AME will increase from 98.3% in 2021 to 116.6% by 2026.
- Mobile subscriptions will rise from 1.67 billion in 2021 to 2.21 billion by 2026, reflecting a CAGR of 5.8% over 2021-2026.
- 4G will account for the largest share of subscriptions in AME over 2021-2026, reaching 51.3% of total mobile subscriptions in 2026. 5G connections will witness significant growth from 10.4 million in 2021 to 296.3 million by 2026.
- Between 2021 and 2026, operators in AME will generate a cumulative US$587.9 trillion in mobile services revenue.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of AMEs mobile broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in AMEs mobile broadband markets.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in AMEs evolving mobile broadband market.
List of Exhibits
AMEs mobile broadband markets-key takeaways
Section 1: AME in a global context
AMEs main facts - 2021
AMEs demographics at a glance
AME in a global context
Section 2: Competitive dynamics
Competitive dynamics in AME
AMEs main competitive market trends
Mobile services market: Penetration and subscription trends
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends
Mobile user trends in AME
Mobile technology trends in AME
Mobile device trends in AME
M2M/IoT trends in AME
Mobile traffic trends in AME
Section 4: Mobile broadband revenue trends
Mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) trends in AME
Mobile revenue trends in AME
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Population, 2021-2026 (billions)
Nominal GDP, 2021-2026 (US$ trillions
Real GDP growth, 2021-2026
User penetration, 2021 (% of population)
Subscription penetration, 2021 (% of population)
Prepaid subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions
Monthly ARPU, 2021 (US$)
Data as a share of total ARPU, 2021 (% of ARPU)
Monthly voice MOU, 2021 (minutes/month)
Major competitive changes, 2017-2021
MVNO subscriptions and share of total mobile subscriptions in AME, 2021 2026
Top five markets in terms of MVNO market share in AME*, 2021
Mobile user penetration vs. PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, 2021
Unique mobile users in AME, 2021 2026 (billions)
Mobile subscriptions and penetration in AME, 2021-2026
Mobile subscriptions by technology generation, 2021-2026
Top five markets* in terms of 5G subscriptions as a % of total subscriptions, 2026
Mobile subscriptions by device type, 2021-2026 (billions)
Net additions by device type, 2021 vs . 2026 (millions)
Mobile handset subscriptions by type, 2021-2026 (millions)
Selected MTN Ghana smartphone plans
M2M/IoT subscriptions and revenues , 2021-2026
Examples of solutions offered by telcos
Total mobile data traffic, 2021 vs . 2026 (PB)
MTN Nigeria Social Media Bundles
Mobile ARPU in AME (US$), 2021 vs. 2026
Cost of 1GB of data as % of the total monthly PPP adjusted GDP per capita, 2021 (US$)
Mobile service revenue by device type, 2021 vs. 2026
Fastest growing markets* in terms of mobile service revenue; CAGR 2021-2026
5G adoption and interest in the Middle East: consumer survey market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1499View Report
Middle East Video Conferencing Market (2021-27): Market Forecast market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 4200View Report
2022 Middle East Immunoassay Analyzers and Reagents in 11 CountriesSupplier Shares and Competitive Analysis, Volume and Sales Segment Forecasts for 100 Abused Drugs, Cancer Diagnostic, Endocrine Function, Immunoproteins, TDMs, andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request