National Broadband Plans - Status, Strategies, and Objectives in The Americas
The insider report National Broadband Plans - Status, Strategies, and Objectives in the Americas offers an overview of efforts taken by governments in the Americas to develop broadband infrastructure. It delivers comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research into NBPs adopted by American countries. This presentation-quality report provides an analysis of governments initiatives and operators involvement in broadband infrastructure development. It also analyzes the key mechanisms and strategies deployed to support the NBPs.
National Broadband Plans - Status, Strategies, and Objectives in the Americas, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an overview of the national broadband plans (NBP) adopted by the governments in the Americas region and of the key strategies and mechanisms deployed to help achieve the targets set by the NBPs.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional market context providing FBB progress and analyzing the impact of economic development on broadband penetration in several Americas countries.
- Analysis of the priorities set under NBPs such as targets, technologies, funding mechanisms, and the role of governments as well as private operators. This section also provides the strategies that a number of countries have adopted to realise the objectives set by the NBPs and a summary of the key mechanisms harnessed to support NBPs (e.g., in terms of ecosystem players involvment, partnership models and structures, funding mechanisms, incentives, and supporting policies and regulations).
- Case studies on two countries (Canada and Mexico) NBPs with a focus on the analysis of targets, goals, government initiatives, operators involvement, and progress over the period.
- Key findings, detailing the analysis of NBPs on several parameters such as targets, funding strategies, preferred technologies, and strategies adopted by governments to achieve the targets.
- The region features significant differences in broadband penetration levels among countries, owing to differences in the income levels and the evident maturity of the telecom sector in North America in comparaison to Latin America.
- North American countries are mainly targeting to reach remote regions and achieve universal coverage. Latin American countries prioritize connecting large vulnerable localities to benefit them with better social infrastrucutre (e.g., health and education).
- Given the Americas extensive latitudinal expansion, there are a wide range of geographies, including extreme weathers and landscapes, that pose a problem for infrastructure construction (e.g., frigid zones in Canada and Chile, and the Amazon rainforest in Brazil).
- Funding of the NBPs poses challenges in many of the Americas countries. In addition to providing direct funds from budgets and universal service funds, governments have been encouraging private investments with the help of regulatory reforms that reduce entry barriers and encourage infrastructure sharing.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop an understating of national broadband plans through the analysis of targets, technologies, governmental support, operator roles, and funding strategies.
- Get best practices around he key mechanisms and supporting initiatives that can be harnessed to achieve national broadband plan targets.
- The report also provides a five-year forecast of the fixed broadband market in several Americas countries, developed using rigorous bottom-up modelling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand.
- Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights, success factors, and best practices from specific country NBPs; this will help executives understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- Gain understanding of government goals and initiatives to make informed decisions pertaining to investments in broadband networks and technologies and optimize return on investments.
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Fixed Broadband Status in the Americas
Fixed Broadband Status in the Americas
Impact of Economic Development on Broadband Penetration
Fixed Broadband Drivers in the Americas
Section 2: National Broadband Plans (NBP) Status, Progress, and Strategies in the Americas
National Broadband Targets and Strategies in Selected Countries
Key Initiatives and Mechanisms Included in NBPs to Support Broadband Development
Section 3: Case Studies
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
Yu Tak International Holdings Limited, (Yu Tak) is a diversified company. It is a retailer of gold and jewellery products; and is into research and development and application of softwareView Report
MGM Resorts International - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem SeriesMGM Resorts International is actively investing to transform into a digital hospitality and gaming organization. It has been showing interest in emerging technologiesView Report
National Broadband Plans in Europe - Status, Strategies, and ObjectivesNational Broadband Plans in Europe - Status, Strategies, and Objectives is a new Telecom Insider Report by It, provides an overviewView Report
National Broadband Plans in Africa and Middle East - Status, Strategies, and ObjectivesNational Broadband Plans in Africa and Middle East - Status, Strategies, and Objectives a new Telecom Insider ReportView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request