Alibaba Group Holding Limited - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (Alibaba Group) is an e-commerce firm, which provides fundamental technology infrastructure and Internet content services that help businesses, merchants, and brands to transform the way they market, sell, and operate using internet. Its businesses include cloud computing, core commerce, digital media and entertainment, and other innovation initiatives. Its services enable businesses to establish an online presence and conduct commerce with customers and other businesses. Through its investee affiliates, Koubei and Cainiao Network, Alibaba also participates in the logistics and local services regions. It has expanded its presence in the UK, Singapore, India, the US, and China.
In 2020, Alibaba Business School introduced another year for its virtual GET competition in partnership with The African Leadership University, to empower 1 million talents and entrepreneurs across China, the African continent, Colombia, Mexico, France, Russia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Serbia, South Korea, and Uzbekistan to develop digital transformation solutions and help businesses worldwide to offset the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2018, Alibaba Group introduced the hotel of the future, FlyZoo, in Hangzhou which is equipped with black disc-shaped robot room service, facial recognition check-in process, voice recognition, biometrics, and barbots. Once the guest arrives at the hotel and check-in using facial biometrics technology, they can opt for room service via Tmall Genie smart speakers and the FlyZoo app and can access voice-controlled television, room curtains, room temperature change, and lightening features.
Established in 2021, AAIG is dedicated to promote reliable, credible, sustainable, and usable AI technologies and encourage innovation. The laboratory employs a team of 120 researchers, tracking more than 200 AI applications in the ecosystem.
The report provides information and insights into Alibabas tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Alibaba is focusing on cloud computing as a part of its digital retail transformation to drive an omnichannel consumer experience and bolster growth. In 2020, the company invested around $28 billion on the cloud Infrastructure over three years, covering cloud operating systems and networks, developing cloud data centers at a global scale, and recruit IT talent across verticals to expedite digitalization.
- Alibaba is focusing on technology investments as part of a research program called Alibabas Academy for Discovery, Adventure, Momentum, and Outlook to build seven research and development labs across China, the US, Russia, Israel, and Singapore. The labs will be focused on the fields of IoT, data intelligence, quantum computing, and AI.
- To bolster its business prospects and to empower its clients amidst the pandemic, Alibaba has realigned its technology resources and strategies. It has strengthened remote working capabilities of its global workforce to ensure minimum impact on productivity and enabled its digital collaboration platforms, DingTalk, for its clients to track employees, their health status, and transport.
- Alibaba is adopting an omnichannel strategy to enable anytime, anywhere, and on any device user experience, and to enable that it is adopting a range of capabilities, online & mobile banking, and payment platforms. It is also focusing on making strategic upgrades to its e-commerce business, Tmall, to adopt the smart Internet trends for future growth and help enable an integrated retail business model.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Alibabas tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.
Digital Transformation Strategy
Accelerator/Incubator Other Innovation Programs
Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund
Partnership, Acquisition Network Map
ICT Budgets Contracts
Chinas Connected Vehicle Application Market and Strategies of Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent (pre-order)
Smart transportation has evolved in four directions: connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, shared services, and electric vehicles. Among them, connected vehicles are considered the foundation of smart transportation and are expectedView Report
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (Alibaba) is an e-commerce company, which provides fundamental technology infrastructure that helps merchants, businesses, and brands to transform the way they market, sell, and operate using the Internet.View Report
Alibaba Group 2023 First Half Operating and Financial Review--SWOT Analysis, Technological Know-How, M&A, Senior Management, Goals and Strategies in the Global Retail Industry This report is part of theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request