Hearables (Wearable Technology) - Thematic Research
Hearables represent the largest segment of the wearable tech industry by revenue. Worth $26bn in 2019, the global hearables market will reach $146bn by 2030, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17% over the period, according to forecasts.
Hearables are ear-worn connected devices that allow users to listen to audio content, make and receive phone calls, monitor their health and activity, and access real-time information services such as traffic updates. The first hearables appeared in 2014, but the 2016 launch of Apples AirPods brought the devices to mainstream attention. The launch coincided with Apples decision to remove the iPhones headphone jack, forcing users to either buy an adapter for wired headphones or invest in wireless earbuds.
- This report provides an overview of the hearables theme.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including up-to-date forecasts for global hearables revenues and shipments to 2030.
- The detailed value chain shows where hearables fit into the broader Internet of Things ecosystem.
Reasons to Buy
- Hearables represent the largest segment of the wearable tech industry by revenue.
- Driven by the success of Apple AirPods, several companies (including Samsung Electronics, Google, Sony, GN Group, Bose, and Nuheara) are investing in in-ear computing devices.
- These companies are pushing use cases for hearables beyond listening to audio content (like music and podcasts) into areas such as hands-free directions, biometric measurements, guided fitness and wellness coaching, and online food ordering.
Hearables (Wearable Technology) - Thematic ResearchHearables represent the largest segment of the wearable tech industry by revenue. Worth $26bn in 2019, the global hearables market will reach $146bn by 2030,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request