Esports - Thematic Research
Esports is the fastest growing theme in the gaming sector. These organized multiplayer video game competitions have enjoyed spectacular growth over the last decade, with thousands of fans filling stadiums to watch live events and millions following them on streaming platforms. Although esports currently caters to a niche audience - almost 10% of the global online population of around 4.5 billion - its reach is expanding rapidly. Brands from a wide range of industries are investing in esports to reach a young demographic that is typically resistant to traditional advertising channels. Esports revenue is set to surpass $1bn in 2020 with brand sponsorship the biggest revenue stream.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on most industries, but has been largely beneficial to esports. A prompt transition into online formats has allowed esports to weather the impact of the virus. As traditional sporting events remain on hold, prominent sports clubs and celebrities have taken to esports to keep in touch with fans online and raise funds for charity. This has pushed esports further into the mainstream and brought it to the attention of a wider audience.
- This report provides an overview of the global esports market.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including market size and growth forecasts and a breakdown of esports revenue by source.
- The detailed value chain provides a comprehensive analysis of the key segments of the esports industry, as well as identifying leading and challenging companies in each segment.
Reasons to Buy
- Esports is an important emerging theme in the gaming sector.
- This report is essential reading for anyone with an interest in video games or a desire to learn more about the world of organized multiplayer video game competitions.
Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
Esports - Thematic ResearchEsports is the fastest growing theme in the gaming sector. These organized multiplayer video game competitions have enjoyed spectacular growth over the last decade, with thousands ofView Report
Decoding the eGaming & eSports Ecosystem for TelecomseGaming and eSport markets are rapidly growing around the world, driven by consumer demand, new distribution strategies and technological innovation. The gaming industryView Report
Cloud Computing in Mining - Thematic Research Cloud Computing in Mining - Thematic Research analyses the adoption of cloud computing technologies, such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. It analyses the cloudView Report
Digital Banking Transformation - Thematic ResearchDigital banking comprises a vast ecosystem of provider types and business models. This report looks specifically at whether incumbent banks can digitize at sufficient paceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request